Chapter IV

~ M e m o r i e s ~

Liana weighed like nothing to Kit as he carried the unconscious woman again through their apartment. Carefully, he stripped her tight leather vest, removed her boots and unbuttoned her shirt to make her feel more comfortable in her sleep. She slowly curled on the left side.

He did the same to his own, undid his shoes and lie down on his bed, opposite of Liana's. He turned to look at her. There is something about her he couldn't explain. Her golden brown hair framing her face like rays of the sun, he could tell by her look that she wasn't sleeping peacefully, like some kind of trouble haunting her.

It took a long time before exhaustion caught up with him and fell asleep. But it only felt like seconds before he was awoken by Liana's whimpers and groans.

"No! This can't happen!" She yelled. Kit quickly sat up to check on her. Her foot kept kicking the walls.  Her eyes were closed, there was a trace of anger,fear and a mixture of unpleasant emotions playing on her face.

"No!" She cried as she was breathing heavily.

He touched her shoulders and gathered her around as gently as possible.

"Hey, wake up.." He softly said. He held her even closer trying to get her out of the nightmare she was having.

"Liana, it's me.."

His voice finally registered on her mind and she woke up with a gasp. Her panting soon slowed as Kit cupped her cheeks and met her gaze, her midnight blue eyes looking back at him. Their eyes were locked in each other.

Liana shrink back and blinked.

"I'm sorry.." She muttered.

"Are you all right? What was that?" Kit sincerely asked. He sat beside her.

"Nothing, it was just nightmares." She said.

" That's all." 

But Kit knew that it was something more.

"Are you sure? You look really pale."

Liana looked down on the floor and sighed.

"I don't know but it was something, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a nightmare." She told him how she could hardly sleep about her earlier visions from the past few days and this one she just got. Flashes of unfamiliar faces, places and voices appeared on her dreams. It was horrible, she saw the destruction of a whole homeland, blood, war and death. She couldn't explain what it was. Probably her old memories coming back but none of it makes any sense to her right now. She couldn't remember all the details, just fragments that her nightmares showed her and she tried so hard to remember.

"I just hate it." She said. Tears pooled on the corner of her eyes but she blinked to prevent them from falling down to her cheeks.

"I hate not remembering anything, of who am I, what I am. I'm afraid I might be something else that I couldn't imagine."

"That must be tough.." Kit felt sorry for Liana. He wanted to comfort her, to soothe her and tell her everything's going to be okay.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk lately." He apologetically said.

"I was just being careful but it is unfair for you."

"It's alright.." She put her hands on his shoulders.

Kit swallowed his pride. It's time to open himself up. He knew that if keep his feelings bottled up inside him will not do any good. He sat down closer beside Liana as he told him about his life and she listened very carefully. She learned that he was born on Archenland, the largest and richest kingdom in the Easternlands and he was the Eldest of his three brothers.