Chapter One//Part One

KATHERINE STOOD BY the ocean, staring to the horizon. Her bright green eyes were teary and red from the many attempts of not wanting to cry. Earth had been extremely damaged by an unknown source of flames; she really thought it was the end of the world.

The waves crashed hard on the reef, creating small bubbles to surface. From beneath the raging green waters Katherine saw something move, no, someone. She sprinted to see what it was, her lungs exterminating every bit of air—the smoke in the air was still suffocating.

As she managed to fight the urge to fall on the dark sand, Katherine stood close to the figure. A young boy with long blond curls and extremely pale skin, his lips were blue and he had a bird tattoo. The ink trails looked similar to her somehow. Quite familiar.

"Excuse me," She said, her mouth dry. There wasn't enough saliva for her to muster hydration.

She kneeled by the figure. "Sir?" She placed her hand over the heaving chest of the young man. Curiosity sparked all over her body, a strange feeling she never thought she'd ever had. Her arms filled with goose bumps as she stared at the handsome boy.

She got closed to him, to hear his heart beat; her head inches from his chest. Just a look won't hurt. She told herself confidently. Placing her ear over the boy's chest she could hear the faint sound of a heart palpitating, but a strong force whooshed inside.

The boy jerked, coughing and his hands wrapped around her. Katherine screamed shocked, as sparks began to be released.

"Halen!" He said. Katherine looked at him, her eyes wide open, her long raven hair dancing with the polluted wind. "Halen." He said again, deliriously.

"Sorry, I'm not who you think I am." Katherine tried to recoil, but the grip from the young man was far too strong for her weakened body. "Let me go!" She shrieked.

"No, Halen we are connected. If I die, you die." He said frantic.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" Katherine looked at his eyes, icy blue, like the sky receiving early rays. She froze.
The sparks ignited all over again. She had seen him somewhere before. In a dream, maybe.

"Halen, please. We need to help Elosia." His voice was husky and raw, how long has he been in the water? That wasn't a normal place to be for long periods.

"Sir, my name isn't Halen." Katherine said. Her chest was heaving and she looked at his confused expression. Katherine took this as an opportunity to get release, she pushed herself off of him and stood staring blankly at him.

"Halen, what's..." Something became clear on the boy's eyes. But what could that mean? That was something far too impossible. It was a legend, a myth. Nothing was certain. He looked at her as he sat down, his eyes locked on her figure. She looked like Halen, she talked like Halen. She smelled like Halen, which was sweet and almost lavender like.

A blue moon, the moons shine in the three realms. Unless...

"Sir?" Katherine said, snapping the young man's daydreams. "Call me Dax." He said.
"Dax... Are you okay?" She asked softly.

"Of course I am, Katherine." He said softly, sending shivers down her spine. Her eyes stared at him, focused now. This man knew her name, how could he? She never told him. Fear rose in her throat.

_______
Thank You so much for reading!

Don't know what's happening? Got read Coral and Bone by TiffanyDaune and you might understand more. This is simply a fan fiction/retelling/reimagined Approved by the author🤗) please go support her and her amazing work 🧜🏽‍♀️🌊 coral and bone winner of the #2016Wattys!
The entire series published by Oftomes available in Amazon