IMPORTANT: Before You Read

Hello readers, new and old.

I want to take the time to go into more detail because some of the people who start this book don't seem to understand the authors note on chapter one.

This book is a little over six years old. Six. I started this book back in the eighth grade when I was still finding myself as a writer. That being said, there were a lot of mistakes, plotholes, patches, and other things that are wrong with this book.

As I got further into the series, my writing branched out into other works and my writing began to improve with my growth as an author. By the fourth book, which is to this day uncompleted and discontinued, I began to notice the plot holes and mistakes and patches. I felt horrible and discouraged because of it, and when I read other works they seemed so much better than this series.

I went back and edited every chapter, trying to change and fix things to better the book so that it was longer and made my writing seem more . . . Improved or mature I suppose. Unfortunately, it didn't help me at all.

I've gotten a lot of supportive comments even to this day, and the reads and votes continue to grow. I need you all, as you read this story to understand something important: you will not see my writing in this book as it is today. I have improved so much in writing and have made a big leap in being an author. I announced once that I would rewrite the series altogether, but I don't know that it'll happen. This series was my first, and it was a take off.

It will forever be important to me, and I hold it dear to me because it was my first book to gain attention and continued popularity.

That being said, I appreciate ALL of you who have continued that support. As you read this, I thank you for joining me on my journey of my writing adventures and discoveries of being an author.

The series itself is not what I want it to be in the end, but I don't ever have the heart in me to take it down. I can't do that to you guys or myself.

But PLEASE understand this:

No matter how many times I've stated it's an old work, others seem to enjoy bringing the worst out of the book. They try to tell me how I should write, why I was wrong to write it like that, or how bad of an author I am.

Please don't tell me how to write my books first of all. It's an insult to every author in existence and it's one way to discourage an author. You wouldn't like it, would you?

Understand I wrote this when I was fifteen—sixteen years old. I'm almost 19 now. I have, as previously stated, grown as a writer. You'll find mistakes, and I assure you, if you look at other comments you'll find that it's probably been corrected by another person. I will not go back and edit it. I am no longer focused on this series.

Please enjoy the series as it is. This is not in anyway meant to stop you from reading it. I just want to explain my feelings as you read this. It's one thing to give constructive criticism, it's another to insult and be rude. If you feel my writing in here is not up to your standards, I have stories that I AM CURRENTLY working on that are much better.

With that said, enjoy The Heart of A Dragon Rider

grace xx