( o n e )

wonderfully woeful

       olive was beaming

olive was beaming. she had managed to get her painting added to a small art gallery, though it wasn't well known people would slip in once a while.

olive stood in front of her painting, studying the features, gliding the tip's of her colorfully stained fingers so delicately on her painting remembering the ever so soft strokes. the painting was incredibly valuable for olive and she had hoped that at least one person had thought of her painting on their way home.

"it's such a wonderful yet woefull piece of art." a soft voice sounded beside olive. she turned her head slightly to see where the soft angelic tone had emitted from, and the sight was unexplicably ineffable. olive was met with a dainty girl, oak, slightly knotty hair chopped right below her shoulder blades, her nose was petite and eyes a sore hazel. olive was infuated, yet she had no idea who the girl was.

"yes, it's—um. it actually my painting," she whispered, biting her lower lip while a slight blush rose. "it's remarkable! i wish i had what you have. it's a beautiful gift!" the unnamed girl beamed back a smile plastered on her face now. olive wanted to know everything about this girl, she wanted to learn her quirks, her nervous habits, the way she smiles, her laugh, the way her hand feels intertwined with her. with a sudden burst of confidence olive introduced herself.

"i'm olive." she said, a smile lacing her golden brown skin. "i'm dodie, it's lovely to meet you." the pair grinned at eachother, admiration clearly showing.

olive was just hoping it'd last.