Explanations

I’m not sure what exactly got into me when I was locked in that cell. I just felt so helpless and alone down there. Raide took it all away when he visited. I got so dependent on him. I started to think I needed him. I think I’ve learned about this sort of situation before in my psychology class.

It’s called Stockholm Syndrome. The victim is kidnapped, and at the victim’s most vulnerable moment, the captor slowly convinces the victim that he is a friend and so on. That he is trying to help. Just like me and Raide only I snapped out of it once I realized there was a chance to escape. Maybe I just had temporary insanity. Or I was so desperate to get out of that cell I convinced myself to trust and think I need Raide until I got out.

Anyway, that’s not so important right now. What’s important is how and when I will escape. Obviously it’ll take some time. My best chance is in town, so I need to get there. Though I doubt he’ll just let me out the front door, especially alone. If I can get to town, even with an escort or guard without him, I think I’d have a chance. First I’ll have to suck up to him and be the perfect mate.

Raide set me on the couch, and locked up the basement. I shivered at the thought of that place. I certainly don’t want to go down there again. Then, to my surprise, Raide fetched me breakfast and a warm blanket. He draped the blanket over my shoulders and set the tray on the coffee table. On the tray was eggs over easy, bacon, buttered toast, and orange juice.

Raide’s hand rubbed my back leisurely as I ate. Once I finished he dumped the dishes in the sink, and put the tray in a drawer. He led me upstairs to his room. He said, “Why don’t you take a shower while I pick some clothes for you.”

As wary as I was of him picking out clothes for me, and me taking a shower with him only ten feet away behind a door, a shower was too good to pass up. Besides I needed one badly. I stepped into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I let out a breath as I turned on the hot water in the shower. I undressed slowly and stepped into the tub. Water poured down me, and I moaned in pleasure. It’s been a long time since I had a shower. Damn Raide. I scrubbed myself and washed my hair thoroughly to make sure I got all the dirt off.

When I was done, I toweled off and put on the black robe that hung off a hook in the wall. I left the bathroom to see the bedroom empty of Raide. Well, at least I can get dressed without that pervert in here. Yes, I call him a pervert when all he has done to me is spank me which is enough in my opinion. On the bed lay black lingerie, faded jeans, and a plain black shirt. I got dressed and went to the door. I turned the nob slowly and heard a click. The door wasn’t locked this time.

There was no one in the hall, and I went down it to the stairs. I swept down the stairs just as Raide came out of the living room. A note of suspicion in his voice, he asked, “What are you doing?”

“I came looking for you. I don’t want to be alone.” I lied smoothly. Now normally I’m not that good a liar, but apparently desperation can make you into one. He strode over and enveloped me in his arms, and said, “You’re not alone anymore sweetie. I’m here.”

I rolled my eyes as he couldn’t see my face. He said, “Let’s go back to our room. We have some things to discuss.”

Our room!? This guy is delusional. Good thing for me though. We made our way back to his room. Once inside with the door shut, he settled himself on the bed, and pulled me in beside him. And the explanations began. What I did learn, I certainly did not like, at all.

The first thing I learned was about the claiming. A werewolf and its mate has to bite each other to show they belong to someone. Basically like wedding rings for us humans, only its on the skin of the shoulder and it is a lot messier. Then to finish it we have to have sex. He put it as make love, but no it isn’t that way for me. Then there’s the worst part of all… the first time we have sex I get pregnant. I am way too young for that. Hell, I’m still a kid myself.

Now there’s the hierarchy of the pack. The alpha is in charge, the beta is second in command, and the rest is omegas. Raide is the alpha of the pack, and as his mate I am alpha female. Both the alpha and beta females are kept an eye on because if something happens to them then the whole pack gets hurt. Not so lucky for me. Also there are three classes of omega. The upper class of omegas are the warriors; they protect, guard, and fight for the pack. The middle class is the business men; they handle the income, businesses, and investments of the pack. And the lower class is the caretakers; they handle the land we live on, the houses, and the children and teens of the pack. The doctors are omegas but they don’t have a class, they are important to the pack as they handle the health of the pack.

Then I learned about the pack rules. A lot of them coincide with normal human laws such as abuse, rape, stealing, murder, and more.  No one is allowed to leave the territory without the alpha’s permission. No female or male can leave their mate without a good and provable reason. No unnecessary contact with humans, with the exception of business and mates. There’s more that I just don’t want to get into right now.

Lastly, there is the relationship part. Submissive’ has some freedoms, but not many. They see to the comfort of their mate and vice versa. They have to obey the commands of their mate, but there is a difference between a command and just telling them to do something. If they disobey a direct command or do something bad, so to speak, they are punished. As simple as he put it I couldn’t process this part of the conversation. So it’s a bit fuzzy for me.

All this is too much for me. I am human, and I never grew up this way. How do I force myself to pretend to accept it? I am used to being in control. Now I have no control. How can I pretend to be the perfect mate when I have to give up all my control? A realization hit me hard. I was a prisoner… A prisoner to a possessive, mean werewolf. God help me. Please.