Chapter Two

I grabbed the closest thing to me and whacked the person on the head. It was a baseball bat.

                “Ow!” the person cried.

                I jumped and ran to the door. My trembling hands couldn’t open the door, and the person was advancing on me. Once my hands unlocked the door, I kept running until my body collided with another.

                “Sorry.” I muttered. The guy had dark brown hair, green eyes, olive skin, and looked like he was in his late thirties or early forties.

                “Come with me.” Before I even had a chance to respond, the man started dragging me away from the party.

                By the time we reached his car, I was tired, and had stopped fighting the man. He told me to get into the passenger seat, and I reluctantly got in. My eyes were heavy and threatened to close right now, and I gave in.

When I woke up, I was in my room again, and it was morning. It seemed as if the last 24 hours were just a hazy dream. I went to check the date, and it was Sunday. So, it wasn’t a dream after all. But, then why am I home? Didn’t that man try to kidnap me? I raced down the stairs to find out what was going on.

“Mom?” I asked.

                “In here honey.”

                I made my way to the living room, where I had heard my mother’s voice moments ago. My mom was seated in a black leather sofa, her heads in her hands.

                “What’s wrong?” No answer.

                I looked around the room. I saw the beige walls of the room, and the warm fireplace filled with dancing flames. The family pictures showed a younger mom and Cynthia that had eyes full of happiness. It was nothing like the scene before my eyes. Then my eyes landed on the man from yesterday.

                “What did you do to her?” No answer. I was sick of not getting answers. “Tell me, or I swear I’ll kill you. I have a gun and I’m not afraid to use it.” I threatened.

                “You can’t kill me.” The man simply said.

                “I’ll call the cops.”

                “That won’t work either.”

                “Just tell me what’s going on.” I demanded.

                “Just tell her.” Mom said.

                “Okay. Cynthia come sit down, it’s a long story.” He patted the spot next to him.

                “I’d much rather sit next to my mom.”

                “Suit yourself. Ready?” He asked. I nodded.

                “Have you learned about Greek Mythology?” He questioned.

                “What does that have to do with this?” I asked, not wanting this to be another one of those boring lectures.

                “Just answer me.” This man was already beginning to confuse me, and we just started.

                “Yeah.”

                “Keep listening, and don’t interrupt. They are not myths, they are real. Gods and goddesses actually exist. And, I’m one of them. I am Eros, or you may know me as Cupid, and I am the god of love. Seventeen years ago, I disguised myself as a human to see how things were going on Earth. Then I met your mother, she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. One night, we… got a little carried away. Your mother told me she was pregnant, and I was the father of the baby. I told her the truth about me. I had to tell, I had planned on telling her before, but I never had the nerve to actually do it. She freaked out, and didn’t want to ever see me again.

                Then she had you on July 10th. I came that day when you were born. Your mother sent me away, as usual. She told you your dad had left, but really, she just pushed me away. I never got to see you, no matter how much I wanted to. Your mother wanted you to have a normal life. She never told you about me and everything else I have told you. She didn’t tell you that you are a demigod.  The offspring of gods and mortals are called demigods. Demigods are part god and part mortal.

                The reason I’m here though, is because I need you.” He explained.

                “Me? What could you possibly need me for?” I asked.

                “There is a war between the Gods and the Titans.”

                “What does that have to do with me?” I was getting more confused by the second.

                “You didn’t let me finish. I need you because you’re the only one who can save us.” He stated.

                “Me? You’re crazy. I’m sorry, but you have the wrong person.” This could not be real!

                “Honey, he’s not lying. It’s the truth.” Mom mumbles through her fingers.

                “If it really is true, then why didn’t you tell me?” I questioned, outraged.

                “I wanted you to be a normal girl. I wanted what was best for you!” She cried.

                “Maybe I didn’t want to be a normal girl! Maybe I wanted to be different, and feel special. And I trusted you! Whenever I thought of you, I imagined a woman who was 100% honest!” This was the first time I had shouted, and had gotten really mad at her.

                “Trust me, it was better this way.” Her eyes were brimming with fresh tears.

                “For who? You? Because you could hide from the truth?”

                “No-“

                I didn’t wait for her answer. I ran out into the cold, evening air. I needed to clear my head; to make sense of what had just happened. I didn’t know where I was going, but anywhere was better than home.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took me really long to post this chapter! I acutally wrote this chapter three times. And, the third time was yesterday, and I finished writing the chapter at like 10 PM. So, when I go on the computer to upload, Wattpad wasn't working. Then it wasn't working for most of today, I was so pissed. But here it is, the second chapter! This chapter is dedicated to MicaP89, because she made my new cover! Any thoughts or constructive criticism? Please Vote and Comment!