A regular day in the eyes of a vamp

"Mellory!" My mum yelled from the kitchen. Jumping off the couch in the living room, i ran to the kitchen at lighting speed. Mums looked up from the dinner she was making at my arrival.

"Hey Sweetie, we are out of blood, can you run and get some?" She asked chopping some lettuce for salad.

"Where's Ritta or Ryan?" I retorted annoyed. The past three times we've run out of blood, i've had to go get some from the blood bank. Mom sighed pausing from chopping the lettuce. She turned to me with her hands on her hips.

"Young lady, you know full well that Ritta is busy working on her resume to get into the Academy and your brother is out with his girlfriend. When youre ready to apply for University, then i may let you off the hook. But as you hae no boyfriend and nothing else to do but watch TV, you are going to get tht blood." Her eyes sparked red as she lectured me. Reluctantly, i had to admit that she was right. It was summer and i had nothing better to do anyway

"Sorry mom." I apologized, making her eyes soften to their regular hazel colour. She set her knife down and smiled wrapping her arms around my thin frame.

" Its okay Sweetie, i dont mean to be a pain. I would go get it myself but with you here its easier and it will do you good to get some fresh air." She whispered and i nodded. Giving her a quick hug, i pulled away so that i could grab my shoes.

"Be back in few mom!" I yelled stepping out the front door into darkness. The quietness welcomed me and i smiled .I always loved living in the woods. The sun was starting to creep up, meaning i had to sprint to the blood bank in town. By now you wouldve probably figure out that my family and i included were Vampires. Its fine though, in our secluded town, most of us are vampires and we only have a few humans that supply blood for our needs.

"Good evening Mel." The lady at the desk greeted warmly.

"Evening Charlotte!" I replied back with the same warmth.

"How much do you need?" She asked whilst turning to the computer. Everytime somebody recieved blood it got logged so that the council could make sure that all the blood we need was provided.

"I think 10 gallons would suffice for a while." Charlotte nodded and in no time i was walking out of the small building carrying a cooler full of blood. Just the scent made my mouth water. Suddenly, the sound of leave crunching alerted me to the woods. There was a growl that made the hairs on my arms stand on end.

Werewolf!

Whipping my head to the side, i saw a pair of glowing eyes in the woods. They disappeared but my sensitive hearing still picked up the sound of heavy breathing. Scared to face my mortal enemy, i sped up my pace. The footsteps of the wolf followed closely behind me as i turned into the street that led to my house. Then the thought of it finding out where i lived and hunting me down crossed my mind making me turn into a side street and run into a house that i knew for a fact was abandoned.

As i pushed open the falling apart door, the dust hit my lungs making me cough. Once in the house, i looked around and noticed a grey wolf on all fours staring at me, its golden eyes narrowed in concetration. Shivering, i slammed the door shut, emersing myself in complete darkness. Realising that the sun was going to be coming up and i wouldnt make it home in time, i retrieved my phone noticing three missed calls from mom. As i redialled her, i imagined how fast my heart would be beating right now ,if i had one.

"Mel!" Mom exclaimed," Where have you been? Youve been gone for ten minutes and it only takes half that time to get there and back! Your dad and i were out of our minds worrying about you! When you get home-" I cut her off knowing that her rants could get very long and i just didnt have the time for that.

"Mom, listen. There was a wolf outside the blood bank and it started to follow me home. I ducked into the abandoned house but i dont think i will be able to make it home before sunrise, so i will have to stay here until it gets dark again."

The next time mom talked, her voice was more relaxed but still worried.

"Alright,just be real careful Sweetie. I'll see you in the mornig. Make sure to lock the doors."

"I will mom, goodnight."

"Goodnight sweetheart." Just as i hung up,the scratching started.

The scratching went and started my nerves back up again. I placed the cooler on the floor so that if i had to run i would be able to do so. Then silent as the dead, i stalked towards the back of the house to wait in the bedroom. After closing the door behind me, turning, i realised there was another presence in the room. Emerging from the darknes was a silver wolf. It stalked towards me slowly, but as i turned to exit the room, another wolf, a black one this time, appeared at the now open door. Knowing that i was trapped, i backed up against the wall and watched the two wolves corner me. Just as the black one lept at me, some instinct turned on inside me and i kicked it in the stomach with all the force i could muster and it landed on its side whimpering. The silver wolf snarled and lept at me but instead of kicking it, i ducked under it and sprinted out of the room. When i made it to the front door, my relief was soon replaced by horror as i realized that the sun was now up. To step out would mean imminent death.

"Mellory." A mans voice says from behind me. Whirling on my heel, i saw a man only in his boxers right in front of me. Looking into his eyes, i automatically recognised him as being the black wolf. He was attractive enough,with his black hair, rock hard abs and green eyes all set onto that olive surface that was his skin. What bothered me though, was that he was a werewolf and he was going to kill me. Well, i might as well try to put up a fight. I lept out at him with my fangs out, aiming for his throat. He frowned as if actually disappointed in me, and reached out with a hand. Quickly, he flipped me over and pinned me to the ground, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"Im sorry about this Lupa." He said before jabbing me with a needle. Followed by the black beyond.