Beautiful Mistake - Niall Horan Fanfic (2)

“One soy Grande mocha Frappuccino with no cream please,”

“Is that all?”

“Yes”

“Your total will be 4.50” I reached into my bag and pulled out some cash, handing it over to the lady behind the counter.

I was exhausted. My whole body felt like it was about to reject on me. My muscles were sore because of all of the lactic acid buildup in my body. I smiled at him as he gave me my change and my reset and walked down to where they were giving out the orders.

I sat in one of the chairs as I waited for my order and casually opened my phone looking at my messages. I had one from Adriana telling me that we had no red bull left in the fridge, one from Mr. Poe telling me that tomorrow he would need me to pick up his suit from the dry cleaners and one from Niall. The message that was from Niall was the one that he had sent me last night regarding me coming over.

I huffed as I looked at the phone disappointed. I didn’t go over to their flat. I don’t know why I was being like this. A smile came to my face when I got the message but when I was in my class pondering the thought of being there with all of his friends it all glazed over. I would feel rather awkward just showing up to the boys place after one day of knowing them. I would probably just get majorly harassed from Harry also, which is not something that I wanted to happen. I frowned as I thought of the disappointed look on Niall’s face when he found out that I wasn’t going to show up.

“Soy grande mocha frap no whip?” The girl from behind the counter making coffee’s announced as my head snapped back into reality and I got up, making my way to my beverage. I picked it up, thanking her and making my way out of the coffee shop and up the stairs. I opened the door and realized that Chloe was sitting there, a huge smile plastered on her face, talking to someone. The back of his hair was curly and brown.

Oh fuck me

I groaned internally and tried to exit out the door but it was too late.

“Katie!” Harry chimed as I turned back around and put on a fake smile. I walked towards him and gave him a little hug, asking him what he was doing here. Chloe blushed a little at my rudeness and Harry looked taken aback.

“Well baby if you didn’t want me here you shouldn’t have invited me.” Harry purred and I rolled my eyes, obviously not feeling like dealing with him. Was he always like this? Was there even a five minute period where he didn’t act like a complete and utter asshole? He had to be so cheeky and handsome; it was really getting to me. But, there was no way that I would show that it was getting to me.

“I didn’t invite you.” I groaned as I sat down and he leaned down putting his elbows on my desk and eyeing me. His green eyes twinkled as he grinned from ear to ear.

I walked to behind my desk as Chloe scattered off somewhere and I sat down, and started getting to work. Harry just stood there, with his elbows perched up on the desk and his eyes wandering. After a couple of minutes of typing and Harry just standing there like he was expecting something he tapped on the desk. I looked up at him and my eyebrows furrowed, wondering why he was still here. I took a few sips of my drink and waited for him to reply with what he wanted.

“So babe” He started off “Niall was quite disappointed that you ditched him yesterday.” My face fell and I felt like my heart plummeted to the ground. I explained to Harry that I told Niall that I had Uni and wouldn’t be able to come over. Harry shook his head and he said that Niall told all of the boys that she was coming over.

“He was genuinely happy, and It killed me seeing him that disappointed afterwards.”

“Well, I told him that I would be at Uni, so it’s not my problem. I never said I was coming over.” I said with a certain sternness in my voice, despite the pity I felt towards Niall. All I wanted to do was be friends with Niall, I knew that nothing good would come of being anything more than friends.