Chapter 4

Dedicated to Heba_Mariyam for voting my story! You go girl! :)

---

Chapter 4

Hinata slid open the sliding door that led to her class. Inside, there were few students she barely recognize. Before she could take a step forward, a cheerful voice popped beside her, startling the poor Hyuga. Hinata took a step back and blinked.

"Hinata-chan! Where have you been? I saw your bag but you weren't here!" It was her best friend, Ino. As usual, her long blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail, her long side bangs covering half of her face. Ino was so pretty. Hinata especially liked her eyes, they were beautiful.

"S-Sorry, I was walking around the school..." Hinata apologized.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Hina-chan- Who is he?" Ino stared at Ryota, their eyes met, Ino blushed and looked away, back to Hinata.

"U-Um, he's a new student... Ryota." Hinata craned her neck and looked at Ryota, who had a small smile on his face. He took Ino's hand, startling the blonde, and gave her a firm handshake.

"My name's Ryota, from today, I'm attending Konoha High." He let go of the hand, startling Ino, whose hand now lay limp beside her. 

"Nice to meet you," Ino greeted. 

"You too." He smiled his heart-stopping smile.

Hinata giggled at Ino's reaction. She was blushing like crazy, which was cute, in her eyes. "Ryota, I-I think you can sit next to the window, i-it's an empty seat." Hinata pointed towards the said seat. It was by the window, giving Ryota the ability to see what was happening on the soccer field, which was directly below it.

"Okay, Hina-chan." He smiled and walked towards the said seat while Ino walked back towards her seat, which was right beside Hinata's. Ryota's seat was right in front of Hinata's and beside him was a dark brown haired girl Hinata and Ino weren't really close to. Ryota said hi to the girl and she nodded, burying her nose on her book again.

He settled down and placed his bag under his table. Ryota turned, facing both Hinata and Ino, who was taking out her textbooks. "So, what's the first class, Hina-chan?"

"Language class with Kurenai-sensei."

"Oh."

Hinata giggled when she saw the expression on his face. "Don't worry, Kurenai-sensei isn't strict, she's very kind."

"You know, I'm not worried about that..." He smiled.

Hinata blushed in embarrassment. "S-Sorry."

"Why are you even saying sorry." He sighed. "I'm just worried that I won't be able to get along with the rest of the students, being a new student and all..."

Oh. She knew the feeling too well. She remembered the first day she attended Konoha High. She barely knew anyone. Ino was the first to approach her and said hi, she invited her to sit on her lunch table and introduced her to her friends. She owed Ino a favor.

"You will, you're so cheerful and kind, I'm sure a lot of people will be your friend." Hinata gave him a reassuring smile and he scratched the back of his head, giving her a sheepish smile.

"Heh. Thanks."

"You're welcome. And if there's anything you want to ask, feel free to come to me and Ino." Hinata added. Ino, hearing her name mentioned, jerked, dropping the mirror she was holding and nodded.

Just as Ryota opened his mouth to say something, the door swung open and a group of males walked in. Hinata watched them enter. It was Naruto, followed by Shino, Shikamaru and Chouji. They were dressed neatly in their uniform, their bags slung over their shoulders.