Chapter 13- Loose Ends

My alarm woke me up, Saturday. Work. I went down the slide and walked into the kitchen to get some toast. As my toast popped I heard footsteps. Of course it was my Dad but he hadn’t spoken to me properly since he found out about my real job.

“Good morning.” He spoke as he put the kettle on a grabbed his paper off the bench. Stupid fake wall, no bunny for a week, no hug… he didn’t even come down for a late night snack anymore.

It feels very weird.

“Morning.” I reply buttering my toast.

“What have you got planned today, you’re never up without a cause.”

At least it’s a start. Talking a little to formally for my liking.

“ I ah, have work…”

“Oh.”

Sore subject.

“Day shift.”

He nodded and sipped he coffee. Sighing internally I ate my breakfast and put my plate in the dishwasher.

“Bye.”

“Hey Bunny?”

Bunny? I stopped in my tracks….

“You keep those streets safe.” HE spoke, then giving my a wink.

I smiled, “Thanks Dad.”

And then I had to run out the door or I would be late.

_____

Running upstairs, I had horrible traffic, the damn M5 was bumper to bumper for half my trip. I ran into the corridor making my way to the desks. No one was there… I looked around, no one was up here… did I miss a job? I checked my phone… no message. Maybe they’re down at the gym training. Walking downstairs I made my way to the mats, no one was in here. Probably a job, so I changed into my sweat so I could train a bit more. After about half an hour, I decided to go to the shooting range down stairs and practice. I did a few good rounds and cleaned up, wahing my hands before I left I decided to catch up on this weeks paperwork.

As I was working fluently I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

“Hey Daniella.” I turned around to find Melony.

“Hey Mel, what brings you to my desk?”

“Just wondering if you wanted to practice sparring, on the mat… I need to work on my non-visionary attackers.”

I nodded, “Sure I could always use a good round,”

Logging off from my computer, I went down stairs with Mel. The gym doors were closed, that’s weird. There never closed.

Mel shrugged opening the door, and swung it around clipping it into place. I did the other door and we walked in, lights turned off… it is Saturday right? In the middle of the day…

“Looks like nothing has been set up. Do you want to grab the mats and I’ll hit the lights.” Melanie asked.

“Sure.” I shrugged, walking off into the dark towards the storage area. I opened the roller door, and tried to feel for the switch I knew was off to the left. Reaching over in the dark, I felt over trying to find the wall. I kept shuffling over to the left until I felt something. Not a wall…

I felt what was like a corner, but it was soft… a mat?

I heard a familiar chuckle…

“That’s not the light switch.”

“Ahh.” I jumped back a little bit, I could feel the proximity between us, he stepped closer...

I could slightly see his face as he stayed close as I walked out backwards. I felt a mat behind me as I continued stepping back.

“I set up.” He chuckled again.

“Wha?”

“Practice?”

The main lights then went on, hearing the vent fans start to crank as well. I saw the rest of the gang sitting on the bench including Terry. Jeremy went to the opposite side of the map. Taking off my work jacket I threw it on the floor.

“You’re on Jer bear.”

I heard a chuckle go around.

“It’s one-one baby, time to settle the score.”

I nodded, who knows why we needed the hoop-la to spar, but I’m just going to roll with it.

We begin to spin around the mat starring at each other, arms in a defensive manner. He swiped first, I easily ducked, then doing a rounded kick hitting Jeremy’s back legs, Landing on his rear-end, I stood up quickly, leaning over grabbing his wrists I pegged him down. Jeremy taking this as a queue, he kicked his legs up, throwing me over into a tumble, Landing on my back, I blinked and got back up again, I decided to let him swipe first this time. We circled one more time and Jeremy kicked low. I jumped over his leg with ease. Jeremy gave me a swipe with his right hand, I back flipped backwards, As I stood back up, Jeremy lunges at me, gripping my stomach as I dropped to the floor. Pinned down I rolled Jeremy off and I rolled on top of Jeremy. Looking at each other we chuckled, Je3remy pushing me off, I fell beside him.

“Daniella, I want to ask you something. I didn’t really get a chance, but I thought this would be perfect time to ask. Will you, Constable Daniella Brooks, Marry me?”

I looked over at the bench, seeing all the boys grinning, and laughing, all softies. I look back to Jeremy, looking at me intently for an answer.

“Yes.” I smile.

Jeremy smiles back, leaning in he gives me a peck, standing up he helps me off the ground. Hugging me in his side, all the boys come in for a group hug.

“You know Gloria and my gran will go crazy over this right?” I laugh, Jeremy chuckles.

Beep beep beep.

“4-20, In the city.” Jinxs puts his pager back in his pocket. “Let’s go!”

 ___________

OMG!

Thats it, finally chapter! My second story. Bit bumpy at times, a break for a while but we did it. Hope you guys enjoyed. Its been a roller coaster. VOTE COMMENT let me know how much you enjoyed or not enjoyed... hrm.... check out my other works and have a lkook out or awesome things like spin offs hey maybe ill post an extra like wedding scene ;)