Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Ryan Yeaman

This is a new thing for me. I'm kinda nervous to open up my story for others to read. It's not finished and I don't know how often I'll be able to updat, but please support as best as you can.

Oh and a HUGE thanks to Wattpad member RyanYeaman for helping with the details.

Enjoy!!

Lucas has been my friend for as long as I can remember. I swear, we were born together, that's how close we are. So when Lucas told me, well showed me, that he was a werewolf, I freaked out. Those kind of surprises don't settle well with me. They scare me I guess. Who knows if there's more, or evil ones... And I've known him forever, why did it take him 17 years to tell me? One by one, all of his friends Changed. I really started to freak out, I mean hyperventilate. I loved them all, how could they keep something this big from me? Then it was too much and I passed out.

************************

I opened my eyes and checked the time; 3:21pm! Woah! How could I have been asleep for so long? Right, because I didn't sleep. All the memories came rushing back to me, I remembered now. I shuddered with the feeling of mystery and betrayal when a thought jumped into my mind, I froze. Where was Lucas? You would think that after everything he put me through he would have at least been here upon my awakening, right? Wouldn't he?

My eyes quickly scanned the room. No matter what he'd done, I needed my best friend right now. Suddenly, I landed upon a note. It was lying on the coffee table across the room from the couch I was sitting on. I got up and slowly made my way over to it. The note was written on the letter head I kept by the phone. With trembling hands I picked it up, knowing that I wouldn't see Lucas. That I'd have to wait for all my questions to be answered. The scribbled writing became blurred as my world turned upside down and the tears ran freely down my face; for the second time today.

Katrina,

I just wanted you to finally know. It's been hell keeping this from you and I'm sorry It took so long. The only thing I ask of you is that you tell no one. This must remain a secret. I broke everything I've been told in telling you.

You won't hear from me for awhile because we had to, well, disappear. It's not your fault, so don't think it is. I wouldn't have left if I had a choice. I wish I could be there telling you this in person, but it's not possible. Some things in life have to happen, right? At least that's what you always tell me. Hopefully we'll be able to come back, but if not, at least you know the truth now. Maybe someday you will talk to me again, even after all I put you through... I'll miss your smile.

With love,

Lucas

After that day, nothing was the same. You never know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone, and I missed Lucas so much. Strangely enough, no one in our small town of Clatson noticed, or seemed to care, that 6 boys just got up and left. No one but me that is.

We lived close to the town of Greenfield, but we still lived in solitude. No one came or went from this town for more than a couple days. So you would think that when 6 teenage boys have been gone for weeks that someone in this damn town would do something, but they didn't. I waited and waited for him. The days passed by and I began to feel hopeless. Lucas said he would return to me if he could, but what could possibly be preventing him from staying in the town he grew up in?

It was the middle of summer break, 4 months after Lucas disappeared from my life. I was supposed to be having fun; after all, school was over! I'd passed my exams and graduated with the top of my class, but the glamour was lost on me. My closest friend had missed it. He was gone, and I was supposed to be happy? I don't even think I left the house unless I had to.

My parents thought it was just a teenager thing. No matter how many times I tried to tell them the truth. They were part of the group who passed Luke's disappearence as uneventful. They would talk behind about my back, saying that it's good riddance he's gone. Saying that it was about time he went. He was my best friend, how could they say that?

I would never have thought my life would end up like this... But it couldn't end there, though I didn't know it at the time.

************************