Honestly

I can’t help feeling like this collection of short stories deserves an explanation.

All my life I’ve never been certain of anything, but lately, all I know is I want to help people.

I truly, honestly just want to help people.

I want to help them write. To tell stories that need to be heard. I just want to help people tell the truth.

This is my way of putting my money where my mouth is. In my rant book, I’ve been complaining about how no one wants to tell the truth. We write pretty rape scenes and frivolous abuse backstories.

But we never explore the downfall.

That’s what I want to do. I want to write the ugly truth.

Because more than anything I want to help.

This probably isn’t the way to do it, either. These won’t be the best examples. Odds are, you won’t remember what happens or what it made you feel—if you even felt anything at all.

But I’m not here to be the best. I’m not here to write something everyone likes.

I’m just here to tell the truth. To be honest.

So if you have any questions, let me know. If you want to use some of the scenes, I’d be happy to help you write your own using the ideas I put forth.

These short stories will all be able to stand alone, but my hope is that you, as readers, will be able to put together the ones you want. To have the ending you want. To tell the story you want to read.

Because honestly, in the end, they’re just stories about a boy, a girl, and the truth.