chapter one

Hi, my name is Desmond, and I have a twin sister named Aly. We were identical twins which means were looked exactly alike. Were both fifteen and our lives were perfect till the accident. Well before I tell you about that let go back a little too where it all started, our nightmare.

My sister and I woke up to our mom screaming. Same old same old, our parents were fighting again. We both went down the stairs to eavesdrop, and we over heard our mom saying that if we didn’t get some money soon we would have to sell the house and live on the street. That gave an idea I looked at my sister and could tell she had the same idea. It was dangerous, but we had no choice it was to save our family. We just had to be careful and not get caught.

Aly opened the door and she could feel a warm blast of summer air. Her brother was right next to her as they walked out the door. They were holding hands and Aly could her brother shaking of fear. Even though she was scared too she never thought that her brother could be scared.  Aly and Desmond both walked into the dark night and their mother watched them both disappear into the mist. She knew what they were about to do, she read their minds, but she didn’t stop them.

We walked to the house that could save our family. Loads of money was in there. We knew how to get in all we had to do was to faze through which thankfully Aly could do. Yes we do have powers. Aly was gifted with fazing through stuff and I was gifted with, well we don’t know yet. When Aly fazed us through we loaded ourselves with tons a cash and we noticed we weren’t alone. There was a man in the corner. We didn’t notice him at first because he was hidden in the shadows, but we sure did notice him now.  He walked up to us and he was a tall skinny man wearing a tux.  He kind of looked like one of those bad guys from the matrix’s.

“Don’t you know stealing is wrong?”  He asked.

I already hated him.

He smiled “You poor dirty little mutants now have to go to jail.”

Now I hated him a whole lot more. I heard a voice in my head, get ready to run. Did I happen to mention that I and my brother can communicate through our minds? Sort of a twin thing I guess.

Two big looking body guards came and put callers around our necks.

He shouted “Now!” and we both sprinted to the wall so we could faze through. We both slammed into the wall. Dazed I looked up in wonder why my powers worked.

“What did you do, my powers aren’t working!” I shouted.

He smiled and came up to my face and I could smell shaving cream and cinnamon.

“With the callers on you, you don’t have your powers. He replied with a nasty tone.  Now let’s go”

“Go where?” Desmond asked.

The man smirked “you’ll see.”

The two large men picked us up and through us onto their backs. Then the chucked us into the trunk of their car. The ride was dark and painful; every bump the car hit sent us flying. Which was worse was our hands were cuffed behind our backs.  I was terrified, but not as much as my sister whose face was tear streaked. We made the situation even worse for our parents. IT seemed like a horrible dream that you would never wake up from. The car made a sudden stop that sent us both crashing into the side of the car which made my sister cry out in pain. The trunk opened and we were thrown out. We looked up at the rising sun. I couldn’t believe that just last night were planning to rob a house. Then I saw the jail for the first time. Huge electric gates surrounded it and the jail looked like a haunted house. As I was staring at the house one of the guards kicked me in the face and commanded us to move on. Aly refused and started to run away, and one the guards chased her then tazered her with his gun. She let out a cry then fell on her knees. Then I felt rage I never felt before and I attacked the guard that tazered her. He smiled picked me up and chucked me into the fence. I missed it by a couple of inches. Talk about close call. Then the guard spoke “we don’t care whether you live or die your just scum at our mercy.”

That would give you shivers down your spine.

“Now it’s time to get ready to meet your warden.  We will clean you first then you will meet him.”

The guards pushed us into the jail and I noticed there was a tunnel and it was going down. I saw glance outside and I heard her think, this might be the last time we will see the outside.

We headed down and as we went down the light got dimmer and dimmer. One of the guards shoved us into a room that had a pathetic looking shower and I noticed we had to take a shower together. Not going in details on that all I am going to say is we turned around while one of us took a shower. Then we had to put on frail looking outfits. Then the guards forced us out into another room. There we saw a man that we could tell right away there was something wrong with him. His features looked all wrong and his skin looked stretched over his bone. His smile looked wicked like he was about to kill you. His teeth all looked like they haven’t been brushed in years. He was also bald and was wearing a suit like the men in black. You can’t forget the sunglasses to make it complete.

“You can’t do this our family and friends will know were gone!” Aly shouted

“I erased all their memories of you.” He smiled.

“For all they know you both don’t exist and you will never see them again.”

“We can try” Aly yelled as we were dragged out of the room.

Then we tried the most daring thing I grabbed Desmond and concentrated really hard and fazed us both out of the callers and ran till we got outside. I fazed us through the fence and as soon as we were out Desmond teleported us to the park near our house. That surprised my brother and me. I heard a small thud as our feet hit the ground of the park. It was dark out which was strange because almost an hour ago it was morning. Then we heard a small pop and 10 yards away we could see the figures of three men in black and the warden.

“Nice try, but no one escapes the prison M.F.T. prison!”  He shouted and started to laugh like a killer.

My brother and I started to run as fast as we could, but the weirdest thing was our feet felt like they were made out of lead. It was becoming extremely difficult to run and we were getting very tired, but we didn’t give up hope so we kept running. I don’t know how, but we made it to our house without getting caught. We went inside and our mom and dad were there! I screamed mom while Desmond screamed dad and we ran up to them to hug them. I wrapped my arms around my mom’s waist but I just fazed through. Desmond wasn’t getting any progress either. Then everything started to faze and I saw the warden stepping out of the shadows and the last thing I remember was the warden clapping and then saying

“Now you see you are nothing but a faint memory from a dream your parents had.”

  Then fainting.