Chapter 1 - Need To Know

CHAPTER 1 - NEED TO KNOW

"Mother it's my choice! I'm old enough!" I exclaimed.

SLAP

"No you're not Aaron!" My mother yelled at me.

A scene played in mind of a beautiful woman with long brown hair getting slapped by a man much taller than her. The red hand imprinted on her face, her crystal eyes glistened as she looked down at her baby.

They both had eyes like mine...

One more slap from my mother, and I lost it...

"What are doing? I am not an animal mother!" And with that I ran to my room and locked the door.

This was the worst I've ever been.

I'd done nothing wrong... all I want to do is make myself breakfast, what's wrong with that?

I have no choice in anything I do!

My parents are both no where near perfect, and their children... God, they always fight and bicker and they leave me all alone in this house! Since I was a baby, I've never stepped foot out of here! It's so frustrating!

BANG

BANG

BANG

"What!?" I scream.

"Open this damn door! Why is it fucking locked? Why is my damn door fucking locked?"

Father...

He's no better than Mother. They push me around like a toy! With one final bang on the door, it unhatched and the door was knocked down.

"What did you do boy?" Father yelled. His face was red, a vein popping out of his forehead.

"I didn't do anything Father!" I screamed as he hit me repeatedly.

Finally he stopped.

"You're lucky I have to go work." He muttered, stepping out of the door frame.

I look nothing like my parents or my syblings...

I act nothing like them either.

I sat down in the corner of my room, thinking.

What is happening to me?

Suddenly, I felt this urge to rebel.

Rebel...

What does that mean?

I heard it before... in a life before mine...

"'We fight! We are Assassins!' 'This war is not ours William!' 'It is! We have to rebel! Take a stand for what we believe in Teresa!'"

Well then that's what I need to do.

Take a stand for what I believe in!

But first, I need to figure out these visions in my head...

They aren't right. Something with them seems so recent, so visible... like, I don't even know...

Again, like all the other days, I was home alone, in the corner of this unfurnished room, running my hand in my jet black hair.

Something was different about this day however.

I felt a need.

And somehow, this need was fulfilled, by a knock on the door...

Not knowing what to do, I ran out of my room, and opened the door.

A girl stood there, she was about my age, and she stood short, with long purple hair. She wore short white pants, and a camouflage half shirt.

I'd never seen anything like it... Really, I've never seen anyone other than my family...

"Come with me." The mysterious girl said.

I shook my head viciously. "No! My parents-"

I was cut off, as she pulled me out of the doorway.

"Stop screaming!" She yelled.

"My parents!"

"Please stop!" She screamed at me. The girl stopped dragging me when we reached a tall building.

I slumped down and started whimpering. "My family..."

"You need to know the truth..."

================================================

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

PROMOTE