0.10 EDITING

Olivia

9:04pm

November 3, 2013

Sunday

I shook my black pen a bit, before scratching it onto the sheet of paper. I was almost done with my maths and then I could either go to bed early, or get at least something done.

Once I was done, I lay the pen next to the first page, waiting for the thick ink to dry.

I stared up at the ceiling as I tried to think of my first move. All I had done was staring and exchange a few words with Harry, and that was how far I had progressed. It appeared as nothing, really. I snapped my head down as the sound of footsteps drew toward my bedroom door and I realized Lily had entered our shared room.

Ever since she moved out a year ago, mum and dad turned her bedroom into their own personal "mum and dad cave". So whenever she came home to visit, she would sleep in my room.

She threw a glance at me before walking towards the arm chair far away from my bed. She sat down and took out a magazine and began to read. I stretched my arms before scratching the back of my head.

‘’Liv?’’  Lily said in a tired voice, looking at me, ‘’Are you busy?’’ She said, rubbing her forehead as she got up and came to sit at the edge of my bed.

I closed my maths book and scooted closer to her. ‘’No, I just finished my maths homework,’’ I replied.

‘’Where's your friend?’’ She questioned.

My brows shot up in confusion, wondering what she was talking about, ‘’mum said that she introduced you to a certain boy by the name of Harry,’’ she said, pointing at me, ‘’and you two attend the same school together. Am I right, Liv?"

"There's nothing going on between us. He's mum's co-worker's son who moved here not long ago. Apparently he's had nothing but trouble in his life,’’ I said with my hands intertwined with each other. ‘’I've had little progress getting to know him." Lily nodded.

"There is just something very fishy about him," I mumbled.

"Well you can't assume things considering the fact that you just met him not too long ago," she advised.

‘’Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to my bed. Good night, Liv, ’’ she said, regaining her composure. She walked towards her bed.