Chapter six: Not enough time

Samantha's POV

I just couldn't believe it! It hadn't even been a full day to let me atleast gather myself together. I was at home when I looked at my phone. It was 5:26 now. I was contemplating going for a walk to help think about what I was going to say to Dominic. I mean, he obviously knows now that I have deep feelings for him.

Ok, I'll go for a walk, maybe do a little window shopping at the Town Centre. Then I will txt Dominic to meet me by the fountain at the Town Centre around 9-ish. Yeah. So I quickly took a shower, changed into a nice black hoodie with my favorite pair of skinny jeans, and converse.

Feeling good about the finished masterpiece, I headed out and started walking. By the time I had left it was 6:42 so I had still some time to window shop. I'm actually feeling confident. I can't believe it.

When I arrived at the Town Centre, it was already 7:13. I first headed to my favorite store, Barnes and Nobles to look at a few a books. I bought one called : A Teenage Love Affair. I then sat at one of the tables at the cafe and started the book.

It was actually getting really good when I checked my phone to see what time it was. OHMYGLOB it was already 8:37 so I pulled up my messages and thought what I should say. Hey Dominic... I'm sorry about what I did earlier... No that's no way to start a convo. Dominic. You + Me= ..? it's up to u... NO THAT DEFENITLY WOULDN'T WORK.

In the end I just settled for: Hey, you're right we need to talk. Meet me at the fountain around 9? Yeah that should work. Scratch that. It would have to work because I already sent it.

And now I can't tell you how much I want to take it back. But oh well, even if he doesn't reply, I'll still wait for him.

Time was going by fast and it was already 9:06. Maybe I should just go. I've probably already missed my chance to talk things over with him. He probably was just being nice anyways.

And then time stood still. All I could do was stare. Did he do this on purpose? Was that his way of telling me that he didn't want to talk to me anymore and that I should just move on?

Because in that moment, I saw him walking, arm-in-arm with, you guessed it. Erin. As soon as I thought it couldn't get any worse, they stopped walking and just looked at eachother. Erin then kissed him on the cheek.

The smile that was on his face made me want to cry all over again. Don't turn around, I thought. Please don't turn around. Then, as if he had heard me and decided to not listen, he turned around. As soon as he saw me, his face fell immediately.

At that moment, I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. He was looking at me dead in the eye. But then he looked to the ground. When he did, I took the chance to make a run for it. Darn, these stupid tears that betray me. All I wanted to do in that moment was go home.