In Search of Myself

**Author's note: Hey! I know the whole werewolf thing is pretty overdone but I was bored so I wrote this. This is just the prologue. Please if you catch mistakes (grmmatical, spelling, etc.) tell me. Also tell me if you think it's okay because I don't know if I'll continue it or not. And I'm not nearly close to a professional writer so I know my writing isn't that great, which is one of the reasons I'm posting on here. SO feel free to critique this as much as you want as long as it's constructive. Also I know it's just the prologue so it's not much to go on but I don't have a good title so feel free to tell me any suggestions. P.S the picture on the side is of the intruding alpha is wolf form.**

-Prologue-

I ran through the forest, my paws hitting the ground with a whisper of sound. I pushed faster hoping to reach my target before the others did. I narrowed my sight onto what I was after. A full grown buck. Adrenaline pulsed through my veins as I pursued. I had to be quick because if I was discovered before I had made the kill my mother would have my hide for doing something so reckless and dangerous. 

I knew I shouldn't resent her for smothering me but I couldn't stifle the feelings of constraint that she forced on me. The only way for me to do anything worthwhile was if I went without her consent. My thoughts snapped back to the present as a leaf crunched from nearby. My keen ears automatically perked up and listened for any sounds.  

A feeling of unease ran through me as I picked up the sound of another wolf breathing heavily nearby. That meant they were running and unfit. My last thought made my heart beat faster. No one from my pack was unfit except for the elders who had stopped shifting. Which meant the wolf tailing me was from another pack.  

I picked up the pace forgetting about the deer I had been chasing. I lifted my nose to the air and tried to pick up the scent of the strange wolf. So many unfamiliar scents assaulted my nose that I knew there was a different pack following me. Since I couldn't recognize their scent I knew they weren't a pack from around here which meant that they were probably dangerous. 

I moved my legs faster knowing I had to get back to the rest of my pack. Now that I knew they were there I could pick out at least fifteen sets of paws beating against the ground. They weren't even trying to be silent which told me that they knew I was here and they wanted me to know they were behind me. As my speed increased theirs did in perfect tandem with me. I eyed the trees flashing by. I couldn't outrun all of them so I was going to have to shake them off my tail. I knew this territory like I knew my own paw print.  

I turned a sharp left and emerged into a small clearing. I snuck a quick look back and my eyes widened as I spotted about twenty wolves emerge from the tree line. I berated myself for slowing down. I sped up and twisted through the trees bounding over a fallen log. I heard one of the wolves bark out a command to the others in the pack. 

Half of them jumped over the tree as the other half disappeared into the trees. I listened and couldn't hear anything from the half that split off. They were stalking me from somewhere. Too bad I didn't know where. I felt anticipation coil in my gut as I saw a barely perceptible lightening in the trees in front of me. I was nearing the edge of the forest and my pack.  

I put on a burst of speed my legs churning against the ground. I no longer cared about silence so as a result tons of dead leaves flew up into the air and were caught by the wind, flying back into the intruder's faces. I let my tongue fall out in a wolfy smirk as I heard a few surprised yelps from behind me. I was almost at the edge of the trees as one of the wolves put on a burst of speed and neared me enough to nip at my tail tip.  

I swerved to the side and down a long slope. Several of the wolves behind me slipped on the slope and loose leaves and careened down after me landing in ungainly heaps at the bottom. I broke loose from the murky forest and into a large clearing. I was almost there. I could see the buildings in the distance and some of my pack members standing around outside.