Chapter Five

Ava's POV

2 weeks later.

Today is the day I find out if I get to keep my job as Colton's pa.

"Ava, can you come in here please." I heard Colton ask over the phone. Oh god, is he going to fire me? Well at least I have been able to pay my rent for the next 4 months.

Walking through our connecting door, I take a seat in front of his desk. I nervously jittered my leg up and down, making sure not to let him see how nervous I was.

"Ava, are you okay. Please don't be nervous." He said, leaning forwards. Damn he could tell.

"I'm not, it's just I really like this job. I know I've made mistakes, so there are multiple reasons you could fire me." I whispered, making sure to keep my eyes on my knees.

"Well, that's a good thing that you like it. It wouldn't be good if you hated your job now would it? And people make mistakes all the time Ava, I make many myself. The job is yours, indefinitely." He said, which caused my head to fly upwards. He then walked around to my side of his desk, sitting down on the edge.

"Thank you so so much Colton. You don't know what this means to me." I said, jumping up, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Oh sorry, that's unprofessional." I jumped back once I realised what I had done.

"Don't worry about it belle, sono pazzo di te. I'm glad you are this excited." (I'm crazy about you) He said with a light chuckle, hearing that caused something inside me to stir. Over the past 2 weeks, I have developed a massive crush over Colton. His laugh, his voice, every little word in Italian causes me to stare dreamingly at him. 

"Oh, I have a present for you now that you'll be with me indefinitely." He said, walking around the desk and opening his draws. He got what he was searching for and then walked in front of me again. "Here, I got this for you." He said handing me an object.

I turned it over and found it was an Italian dictionary, which caused me to burst into a fit of laughter. "Really." I continued to giggle.

"Of course, cara, know you know what I have said to you." He said, chuckling, walking back to his chair. Taking that as a suggestion I opened the dictionary and searched the word 'cara', reading it I was shocked.

"You called me dear. Colton are you 60+." I laughed at him.

"No belle, I just thought it would be better than calling you Well belle when I gave you the dictionary." He tried to reason. I then searched for the word belle.

"Well, when you call me dear you do sound like a granny." I giggled at him.

"Are you trying to distract from finding out that I'm calling you beautiful Ava?" He questioned me.

"Um, well yeah, cause you never know I may take it in the wrong way." I said, looking down at my hands.

"Ava, I want you to take it in that way." He said, lifting my chin up with his thumb, before tucking a piece of stray hair out of my face. "Ava, I really like you, I've been attracted to you since I met you in the park. I know it's only been 2 weeks, but to me you're like an angel in front of my eyes." He said, moving even closer.

"Colton, I feel the same way, maybe not the angel part but yeah." I say nervously, causing him to chuckle.

"Well, it'd be a little weird of you thinking I'm an angle. What am I more like?" He said teasingly.

"Hmm, maybe a Greek god." I said quietly, but I know he definitely heard me.

"I want you so bad Ava, would you go on a date with me tonight?" He questions me nervously, almost afraid of my answer.

"Yes, I will Colton." I said, causing his head to shoot up. His eyes met mine and he placed his hand on my cheek. Leaning forwards, he carefully placed his lips onto mine, after a while our tongues fort for dominance. We ended up making out for 10 minutes, he pulled away from my lips panting.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had Ava." He said, pecking me on the lips.

"Well, that was my first kiss." I said shyly.

"Ava, there nothing to be ashamed of, I'm glad I can show you how it's meant to be done, I get to show you into a whole new world." He pecked my lips once again. "Now belle, we've got a meeting to go to, however after that we're going on a date." He said, picking up his brief case and coat, I ran into my office and collected all my belongings. Walking back into his office, he was waiting for me. I walked up to him ready to follow him out, but before that, he placed his hand in mine and we walked to the lift.

Once we got into the car, he placed our hands onto his lap. "Ava, I know it is fast, but I really like you so much." His thumb rubbed up and down my palm. "Would you be my belle girlfriend?" he asked while concentrating so hard on our joined hands.

"Sì, sarò la tua ragazza." I said, pretty nervously, not knowing if I pronounced it right. (Yes, I will be your girlfriend.)

"You said it in Italian? You did so amazingly Ava. Baby come here." He said, pulling me to his lap. "Sei davvero un angelo." He said, pecking the corners of my mouth, before going in to try and kiss me properly.

"No mister, say it in English for me." I said, placing my index finger against his lips, to stop the kiss.

He pecked my finger before answering, "I said you really are an angel. I mean it Ava you are." He leaned forwards, capturing my lips again. "Now belle, we have arrived. Let's get this done so we can go on our date, he said, before getting out. He turned around and offered me a hand, taking it gladly, we walked in together to his next meeting.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. If I have spelt anything wrong, please let me know.

Please like. Comment. Vote.

Okayheels 👌🏻👠