Chapter 3

"My name is Luke. Who are you?" I asked trying to get closer to the wall but I was already as close as I could get.

I heard a small sob. "My name is Hannah." She replied

"I'm so sorry Hannah." I said to her.

"Why are you sorry? This isnt your fault. It's that dick cab driver! Why did he do this?" She asked her voice getting louder as she neared the end of her rant.

"Shhhhh. I'm going to be straight with you Hannah. I've been here for three years and sixty one days. Yes, I've been counting. I've seen many people up here. All of them disappeared because they fought him. You are the first girl he's brought up here. Obviously you arent the first drunk girl to call a cab. He saw something in you that he thought you needed to be saved from yourself. That is why he did this. He has a set of rules. He doesnt like cussing. He is very strong and he is able to hurt you. I'm not telling you this to scare you. Im telling you because I dont want you to get hurt." I said to her

I didnt hear a response but I heard soft sobbs through the extremely thin walls. After a while I heard soft footsteps and I knew our conversation was over, she was going to bed. I walked over to my little spot designated for sleep and curled into a ball.

I woke up and a few sandwiches were sitting on my floor. There was also a note on them.

You can have two. Keep two for the girl. Figure out a way to get them to her.

Wow, isnt he a great guy? My stomach growled so I grabbed one of the sandwiches and shoved it into my mouth savoring it. He gave us both the good sandwiches. Now I just had to figure out a way to get her sandwiches to her.

Hannahs POV

I cried for a while before figuring that it was best for me to just go to sleep. So I stood up and walked over to my makeshift bed. I didnt know why the cabdriver picked me to kidnap. I could only hope that I wouldnt be up here as long as Luke. I could only hope that somone would look for me. But Brit and Janie were probably to drunk to even think about it and tomorrow they wouldnt remember a thing. So even if I was reported missing, the people who saw me before I left wouldnt have a thing to tell the police. Mom wouldnt care one way or another. If dad was still here he would search across the globe and so would mom. Because together they were the power couple and loved their child unconditionally.

After dad died my mom and I fought all the time, nonstop. When I moved out we stopped talking and I havent heard from her since. I know that she was just dealing with my dads death in her own way and it effected her but she didnt have to take out her frustrations on me. I was not the source of troubles. It didnt matter if I didnt find a way out, I wouldnt get out. I didnt think I would ever go to sleep. I had so many things on my mind but finally after a long time, my eyes fluttered closed and I drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a horrible headache. When I sat up it got 100 times worse. In the corner of the room was a small bottle of water. I crawled over very slowly with my eyes closed. When I got the water I downed it in about .2 seconds. Then crawled over to the wall Luke was behind.

I rapped on the wall and then heard shuffling.

"Hannah?" He asked

"Yeah" I rasped.

"How are you this morning?" He asked sounding genuinly concerned.

"My head hurts, my voice hurts, and I'm hungry." I told him.

"Yeah, that happened to me too. I have two sandwiches for you, but I dont know how to get them to you." He said to me. Great the stupid cabdriver gave him my sandwiches but no way to get them to me.  I sighed.

"Wait! Holy crap!" He yelled happily. "I cant believe I forgot." He came over to the wall again. "I've been working on a key to get out." He explained. "I finished it yesterday. Now I just have to see if it works." I heard him moving around and footsteps. Then he cursed. "It doesnt work." He said resigned from behind the wall.

I sighed, I had no hope. I didnt have any food, I had a small drink, and was locked in a small room in the attic of a psycho cab driver.

"I might be able to break a little of the wall apart. Just enough to fit your sandwiches through."He said offering up a small fraction of hope. He started scratching the wall. I moved away from the wall and watched as slowly there was a little hole beginning to form. After a while the hole was big enough that he could fit the sandwiches through if he squished them a bit. After fitting tem through the hole, I finally got my two sandwiches. I put one in my mouth and ate it and then I put the other one by my blanket. Then I walked back over to the little hole.

"Luke?" I asked peering through the hole.

An eye appeared and I realized it was Luke's. "Yeah, I'm here."

"I think I heard about you, when you originally went missing. Every time the anniversary of your disappearance came around you were back on the news for a couple weeks. Your family never stopped looking for you Luke." I told him. I heard some sniffles but I could tell he didnt want me to know that he was crying.

"Thank you Hannah." He said quietly but happy.

I smiled "No problem Luke." Then I moved away from the hole and he covered it up. It was getting darker and apparently that meant the cab driver would be back soon.