T h r e e

I wake up to muffled sounds of footsteps and the odd groan of a creaky floorboard.

I flick on my iPhone, the light feels like it can blind me. After blinking a few times, trying to focus, I finally make out the time.

3.30am.

Why an earth would my parents be up at 3.30am?

Feeling extremely pissed off at being woken up early, I Storm down the landing to my parent's room. Only to find them fast to sleep and their arms draped around each other. The whole house is asleep, in total silence, apart from my room.

If the footsteps aren't my parents...

The only thought on my mind is the secret door.

Certainty, as I open the door to my room, the footsteps have come considerably louder. I press my ear to the wall and then I know I am correct; the footsteps are coming from the wall.

Nothing but fear is creeping over me. Making me stay still, instead of running to my mother. The fear is the kind you get in a horror film, the uncertainty of what's to come.

There is someone behind my wall. Someone knows how to access the secret door from the outside.

The footsteps are becoming louder and my heart is pounding.

Turning the handle of the secret door and take a deep breath. Once again I am hit with the foul smell.

"H-hello?" I stutter. All my past confidence has shrunk away, all I have left is plain fear.

I can hear the footsteps stop momentarily. Then start up again in my direction. The steps are slow, adding to fear inside of me.

My breathing is heavy, I want to run out, But my legs won't move, it is like I am frozen with fear. I can hear my heart beating like crazy.

"What are you doing here?" A husky voice comes from in front of me.

That's it. I shut my eyes tight and let out a scream. But his dirty hand clamps over my mouth, to muffle the noise.

"Open your eyes, Lacey." He whispers, I can feel his hot breath my skin. I open my eyes to be met with a pair of staring green eyes. His curls are messily pushed to the side.

"Harry?" I ask in disbelief.

Harry's P.O.V

From the day she saw me in the grave yard, I knew she would want to know more about me. It was all everyone wants, to solve my mystery.

I even missed two days of school to get away from her. But I did always have my 'doesn't speak' excuse, it stopped me from answering stupid questions like- 'are you okay?' I stopped speaking to people, to avoid having to answer questions about my past. Cause speaking the words I feel out loud, feels worse than keeping them inside.

I don't want her to be pulled into my mess. It is dangerous, I am dangerous.

The red door leads to a dangerous world, a world I don't want her to enter.

But she has.

I knew a piece of wood Covering the entrance wasn't good enough. I knew from the day she moved into the house, she would be in danger.

She has most probably found the old nursery, I am sure she has many questions she wants answers to:

Why are a load of photos of her, crammed into boxes in a secret nursery?

But I am also in danger now, If I am discovered I cannot finish my business. If She tells anyone about me, I am doomed.

She has to trust me, trust me enough to help me.

Cause hell, I can't solve this on my own, I have been trying for months.

"I need to explain," I whisper into her ear. Her lips are trembling. She looks terrified. "You need to trust me, Lacey."