- dix -

There wasn't a hand lowered through the Wizengamot, though a few members didn't look as happy about it as others did. Harry nodded approvingly before climbing the steps down to recieve Nick while Draco helped Sierra with her shirt. Teddy was rubbing Natalie's back as she cried again, but with a grin on her face this time. The guard from the DMLE had barely unchained Nick before Scorpius was running into him full force, dragging him into a hug.

"I'm gl-glad you're a-alright," said the smaller boy, holding back tears.

"I wouldn't leave you, Scorp," Nick responded, holding Scorpius to him tightly and not caring about his hard he was crying. "I'm sorry about before."

"Me too," whined the little blond before Draco dragged them apart.

"As touching as this is," he started, staring pointedly at Nick with narrowed eyes, "we need to get going."

They all made their way through the wide and somewhat mysterious corridors of the Ministry before making it to the exit floos.

"Say, Potter, why don't we send them all to the Weasleys, Molly would love the company and I think Sierra needs a bit of a motherly touch, herself. We could even go later for dinner."

Harry looked confused. Lyra and Anita were off with Narcissa during the trial and Draco never offered to eat with the Weasleys, especially after particularly stressful days, like today. The ravenette was about to open his mouth and say so when he noticed the look in his husband's eyes and agreed it sound like a pretty good idea. He flooed ahead to the burrow to see if anyone was there. When he emerged from the fireplace covered in soot and smelling the sweet scents of home he set out to find Molly in the kitchen.

Even after years of being an honorary Weasley and practically living in the Burrow, it seemed like the house changed around him.

There were muggle artifacts that had made their way into the house from the shed in baskets around the floor and hanging from the ceiling in some places. A scarf was knitting itself across the floor and Harry had to step over it as he finally rounded the corner into the kitchen, where Mother Weasley stood humming near a self stirring pot of soup, pulling tarts from the oven.

"Hey, mum," Harry said hoping he didn't startle her, but she was still trying to figure out the best angle to grab the pan.

"I don't need any tiny fires today, Charlie," she said still in the oven. "Ask your brother to watch the little one."

"Would, if I could," Harry said chuckling and she finally turned around to respond and realized who he was.

"Oh! Harry, dear, how are you? Are you hungry? Would you like a biscuit?" she asked pointing her wand kindly towards the cabinet with a smile.

"No, thanks, mum," he said with a smile and a shake of his head, "I'm just a little tired. Been a pretty busy coupl'a days. One of Scorp's friends was on trial for underage magic, but his mum and his sister..." he shook his head again. "There was a lot of violence in his house."

"Is he alright? Are they alright? Are you alright?" She had come round the counter by now and had grabbed his face in her hands to check for sure that he was alright. Harry gave her a soft smile before kissing her forehead.

"I'm fine, I promise," he laughed as she turned his head this way and that. "I just wanted to know if they could come here for a few hours. Draco and I aren't quite sure how to handle the situation..."

"Well, of course they can!" Molly said emphatically as if it were obvious and Harry looked at her familiar motherly face, a few more wrinkles than the last few years, red and splotchy from being upset, but round and soft and so bloody compassionate he could have almost cried. She knew nothing about these people, other than what he told her, but then again, she never knew the meaning of detached.

"Thank you, so much. They really are great kids, and their mother, Sierra, is wonderful too. I'm going to tell them to come through then Draco and I'll be back later for dinner," he said the last bit more like a question but she only continued nodding.

"Are you sending your twins over too?" She looked as if she wanted nothing more than to babysit and dote on children and he wanted to agree, but knew he should at least ask first.

"If you want me to," Harry said more like a question than a statement. "I mean, they're with Narcissa right now, but I could bring them when we come back for dinner."

"Yeah, that'll be fine. I don't want to drag them from their Nan'."

"For all intents and purposes," Harry said, "you're their grandma too. You know that. You've always been like a mother to me."

Molly blushed, playfully hitting him with a tea towel before shooing him towards the fireplace.

"Dinner is at 6:30, Harry!" she said loudly, as he grabbed a handful of floo powder and made his way into the fireplace. The green flames lapped at his ankles for a few second or two before his entire body was covered and he was being twisted and shaped and shot back out into the Ministry floo lobby.

Harry sat on the cool stone floor, looking up at Draco with a smile. The blonde shook his head but helped his husband up all the same.

"Well?" he questioned.

"To the burrow!" Harry announced and his sons cheered.

He helped Nick and Nat get through then Scorpius left, but when it was time for Teddy to go through he grabbed the twins mother as well. He wrapped a kind arm around her shoulders and shuffled with her into the fireplace. Draco's mouth flitted up at the corners as both he and Harry looked proudly at Teddy who paid them no attention as he took Sierra through the floo.

"Bloody hufflepuff," said Draco with a laugh, while dragging Harry into the floo and sending them both tumbling back to the Manor.

-&-

hey futher muckers
this bit and the last bit was all one chapter but i split it cause i already knew what i wanted to do after this

so yayy for 2 updates
you're welcome

as always lemme know whatchall think
hope y'all enjoyed
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋