Seven

"She should be coming to soon." Shuri spoke in a soft tone as she typed away on her computer. She glanced over to the blonde who was lying on the medical table. Hunter was barely moving. Barely even breathing.

"Are you sure that the poison did not get close to her heart." Okoye questioned, her gaze never leaving the woman that's in front of her.

"Of course I'm sure!" Shuri shouted, glaring at the general. "I won't let her die! Not after she risked her life for me..." Tears had begun to sting at the corner of her eyes at the thought of losing Hunter. "I can heal her." She began to type a bit harder on the holographic keyboard, trying to ignore the ache in her chest from slowing down her work.

T'Challa slowly came down the ramp, returning to his place right next to Hunter's bed. He sat down on the chair, looking the woman over. "Any change?" He questioned his sister softly. 

Shuri looked back at her brother and shook her head. "No, she's still stable, but she hasn't even moved an inch." She looked back at her screen. "Her brain activity is still at a high level, and it doesn't appear that she has slipped into a coma." 

"Then why has she not woken up?" Okoye questioned, looking extremely confused.

"I believe her body has in a term, shut down." Shuri began as she started typing away once more, a hologram appearing above the blonde. The princess got up, walking over to the hologram. "You can see that there is nothing harmful left in her system.." 

Okoye placed her hand on Shuri's shoulder. "Come, you need rest. The Dora Milaje will watch over her tonight."

Shuri shook her head at this. "I'll sleep in the room I have set up here. I want to be close." She looked to her brother, her heart clenching at the sight. He looked as though he hadn't slept or eaten anything in weeks when it had only been three days. "She will be okay, T'Challa. She is strong, she will pull through." She tried to reassure the king.

He didn't respond, just sat there staring at the woman in front of him. He was silent until his sister and Okoye left, leaving him alone. He carefully took Hunter's hand into his own. "I don't know if you are able to hear, but if you are...we need you to come back to us. Shuri is a mess without you and..I feel so lost. I don't want to spend any longer not being able to see those beautiful eyes or that radiant smile." He paused to clear his throat. "Hunter, please. I need you here by my side." He leaned forward and kissed the back of her hand.

"It's nice to be wanted." T'Challa's eyes shifted quickly up to meet the blonde's as she gave a weak smile. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

The Wakandan smiled brightly as he gathered the young woman in his arms and held her close to his body. "We thought you were gone for good.."

She gave a weak laugh "It'll take a lot more than a bomb to get rid of me completely." She assured him as she hugged him back as tightly as she could manage. She was still so shaky and weak. She slowly pulled away to look at him. "Shuri? Is she okay?"

T'Challa looked at the woman before him, stunned. He smiled at her, cupping her face in his hands. "You are incredible. You could have died and here you are worrying for my sister over yourself. The world truly does not deserve you." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead gently. "Shuri is perfectly fine, a little distressed because you took so long to come to, but she is fine."

The shape shifter sighed in relief at this, before she looked up into the king's eyes. "I didn't mean to make you worry."

He leaned his forehead against hers. "You should be sorry. Don't ever worry me like that ever again..." Before Hunter could respond, T'Challa pressed his lips against hers. The kiss was gentle, yet passionate as she returned it.

Her eyes remained close for a second after he had pulled away before she looked up at him. "I don't know, if a kiss from you is what I get for it, I may have to do it more often." She joked before she gripped the front of his jacket, pulling him in for another kiss.