Chapter 1 [SPK147]

Okay, just thought we'd clear up something to avoid further confusion.

The chapter that Priyanka (ThisKittyHasClawz) writes will be in third person, and the chapter will be named. The ones that Prea (SPK147) writes like this one will be in first POV.

Other than that, Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Victoria's POV

I spluttered when the harsh wind threw my hair in front of my face, blinding my sight so I only saw a flash of bright green and brown. I brushed it back with annoyance, wondering once again why I never brought anything of use on such trips like these.

Such as a hair band or elastic so I could tie back the ridiculously long curly tresses that I was forced to keep.

I sighed and instead put up the hood of my jacket and tightening the strings slightly so it wouldn't be pushed back. It was a good job it was such a dark and miserable day anyway so passer-by’s didn't take much notice of me.

It had been a year. A year since I had gotten that reading from that cryptic mad woman. And I had been running a fool’s errand for the many months after it, trying to read into the little information gave me on what it is that was my great destiny.

And unlike many people in search of what fate had foretold for them, I had better things to be doing than looking for an ex-army dude in search of this big quest. And that thing was called a life, which I’m quite certain I had once.

But as I walk down this gloomy pathway, with the creepy looking buildings, I wasn’t so sure anymore.

I got out the card with the address of the house on it from the pocket of my black skinny jeans as I stopped in front of one house in particular. Yep, I was at the right place. And something was telling me I shouldn’t step through those doors.

I walked up the little brick path before knocking twice on the door. I waited a minute after numerous amounts of louder knocks before determining something was wrong.

And I guess I wouldn’t be stepping through the door as I had first thought.

It wasn’t just my gut instinct that told me this though, as I had called ahead to tell Mr Turner that I was looking for answers that I believed he had, which was confirmed when he enthusiastically invited me over.

An army man would never blow a young girl off when he knew how late she would be arriving and how possibly dangerous it could be for her.

From a look in the front window, I could see toppled over tables and chairs, and that did not do anything to stimulate my worry.

“Oi! What are you doing sneaking around young lady?!” A male voice shouted, making me jump in alarm.

Gosh I hate neighbours. When someone bad comes around, they don’t notice. When someone who is trying to help is looking around for ways to help, they bitch about it.

I spun around and saw a man standing in the doorway of the entrance to his house, a stern expression on his face.

“Hi, I’m Victoria Bellamy.  Mr Turner and I have an appointment today so he can help me with my history assignment.” I lied off the top of my head. “He isn’t answering the door, and when I checked to see if he’s in, it looks like someone’s burgled the house or something.”

“That’s strange. An appointment you say? Yes, he did mention it to me when we met earlier. Hold on, let me grab the spare key I have to his house and we’ll have a look.” He said with a suspicious look in his face before disappearing into his house, only to appear a minute later right next to me.

Wow, for a man his age, that was extremely fast. So I guess it looks like my hunch about Mr Turner being an honest man was right. 

When we first stepped into the house, it was the smell that made me even more apprehensive about going in.

The coppery smell of blood. And the fact that there was no sign of blood anywhere downstairs, made me realise that a lot of it must have been spilled for the smell to have reached downstairs.

I looked around me, and I knew for sure that an army man would never be messy, or be malicious enough to tear his sofa apart like that, or break the dining table apart in such a manic way.

Someone was sending a message. Though what it was, I had no idea.

The neighbour turned to me with the same horrified expression that must have been on mine, which eliminated him out of a suspect for whatever had happened for the house to be in such a state. It was obvious that Franklin Turner had been a dear friend of his.

“Upstairs,” We both said simultaneously, before climbing up the stairs two at a time.

“Oh my Gosh,” I whispered as I skidded to a halt in the first bedroom as the Neighbour uttered something that would have made my mother shove soap down his throat.

The reason why I skidded had nothing to do with the speed in which we entered, but because of the pool of blood on the floor that was also spread with equal quantity on the walls.

“I’m going to call the police, don’t touch anything okay?” I heard the Neighbour say as if he was downstairs rather than right next to me.

And the next thing I know, I’m stood stock still and on my own with the stabbed body of Franklin Turner. The man who had held all the answers I had searched for all these months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Prea aka SPK147 here. Not much to say other than I hope you like the chapter as it's a little different to what I normally write.

Vote, comment and Fans are appreciated!

Love xxxx :D