Heart A-Crash [Sterek]

***A quick author's note, this is the first time I've ever written on wattpad. I will leave this story as incomplete so I can later post something of a Q&A answering questions if you happen to leave any in the comments. I may eventually start posting fanfictions and stories on here frequently, but currently this is a "learn as I go" kind of thing. Also, this story is inspired by a tumblr post, which I would put the link to except that the link seems to have stopped working. I would like to dedicate this fanfic to Hannah, Maria, and Dylan. Maria sent me the link for this story, and created the title image (the pictures on which we do not own, I believe I am supposed to mention). Hannah watched Teen Wolf (also not mine) with me via FaceTime in the evenings so I had someone to share emotions with, and gladly helped make decisions.  Dylan joined us in our love of Teen Wolf and shipped with us, he also created the title. The most important thing to me though, is that all three of them have always been great to talk to, they have supported me, pushed me to try new things, made me laugh, cried with me, and I love each of them. Thank you, guys. You all are totally awesome. Now I shall finally present to you, Heart A-Crash.***

        "Derek, I love you, but I really shouldn't be talking while dr-" Stiles' end of the line is interrupted by the squealing of tires, followed by the crunch of metal and the shattering of glass. Derek's pulse immediately quickens as he hears what he's certain is a car crash. He listens for a while, stunned. A pit forms in his stomach as an eerie silence falls over the phone.

        "Stiles? Stiles?! STILES PLEASE! Oh God, please, don't let him be... Please just... Why? Why did I call him? Selfishly wanting to hear his voice..." Derek howls, full of pain and sorrow.

        A moan came through the phone, "Der-uhg-Derek? Was that-did you?" He hears wet, rattling coughs, "That howl... It hurts..."

        "Stiles! Oh, Stiles, listen to me-I'm coming to help you, you hang in there, stay awake. I-" Derek pauses, afraid to say it. What if saying it gives him the happiness to die peacefully? What if I can't say it and he dies anyway, not knowing it? He fights off these thoughts, "Stiles, I love you, and I swear, I'm going to make sure you know it."

        "Der-" Another moan escapes Stiles' lips, "Derek, I know you love me, and I will hold on for you, you got it?"

        Derek can hear the pain is Stiles' voice as he says those words. The line disconnects and he runs out the door, right into Scott with pack in tow.

        "What in the hell is going on? You're howl, we swear we thought someone had died! What's going on?" Scott is stern, but his voice is laced with a hint of concern.

        "Stiles had a wreck, I was on the phone with him, I have to find him!" Derek's voice is desperate, pleading, and Scott's face shows obvious fear, betraying his calm demeanor.

        Derek begins to focus his hearing, listening for the one thing that had calmed him for so long, the one thing he knows better than himself, and finds it. Stiles' heartbeat scares him, it's faint, and getting fainter.

        He takes off, and he doesn't care that Scott and his pack are following him. He doesn't care that they can hear his erratic heart beats. He doesn't care that they can see the tears crawling down his face. The only thing he cares about, in this moment, is Stiles.

        After ten minutes or so, Derek steps out of the woods that frequent Beacon Hills to see something that makes his stomach drop.

        There are two, maybe three, cars in the road. One seems fairly intact, only the hood is dented and scratched. The other car is missing its whole hood, pieces making a trail behind it. Then there is Stiles' jeep. Stiles' pride and joy is crushed in on the passenger side, flipped upon its side, having obviously rolled. The front is caved in, branches breaking through the windshield, seeming to have stopped rolling after hitting a tree.

        Isaac is already dialing 9-1-1, Ethan and Malia are checking on the other drivers, one of which is still in his vehicle. Scott is frozen, eyes locked on Stiles' jeep.

        Sirens begin wailing in the distance. Derek approaches the drivers seat in Stiles' jeep. The sound's still there, and Derek clings to it as he uses his claws to rip through the top of the jeep. Stiles can kill me later, as long as he's okay. Derek promises that he'll help pay for anything Stiles wants as long as he's okay.

        Derek's hopes dim a little when he peels back the roof of the jeep. There are dark stains on Stiles' white shirt, one of Derek's, actually. He stirs, looking at Derek a moment before trying to move.

        "Stiles, don't, we don't know where you're hurt, you could do more harm than good..." Scott, finally free of his shock, joins Derek.

        Finally medics arrive, and pry Stiles from the car after lots of cutting and bending. He's bleeding, bad, and is going in and out of consciousness. Derek follows the medics until one turns to him.

        "I'm sorry, sir, family only."

        "But, I'm his boyfriend, please, you have to let me come." Derek pleads, but before the medic can reply, Stiles speaks up, though it is a wet, rattling whisper.

        "I want him with me... Please, my father's out of town..." That seemed to convince the medics, for now, at least.

        After reaching the emergency room, no one is aloud to go back with Stiles. That is, no one except Ms. McCall.

        Derek calls Mr. Stilinski, and Kira drives Scott to pick him up, knowing that Scott and the sherrif would want to see each other first, but neither needs to be driving.

        Finally, after an hour or so, though it seems like ages, Derek is asked to come back.

        Stiles is surrounded by tubes, machines, and things, but he's awake, and that gives Derek more hope than he'd had in years.

        "Hey..." Stiles voice is low, but less pained, more...Stiles.

        "Oh, Stiles," Derek leans down, showering him with kisses and tears as they fall from his eyes, "I thought I'd lost you. If I had lost you-" Stiles silences him with a finger to his lips.

        "You would have healed, and don't worry about this. It may be hell now, but it will heal," Stiles gently kisses Derek's head, "You taught me how to heal. You taught me that the wounds may be deep, but they all heal in their own time."