Chapter 1

A/N: Hello! My name is Danielle. This is my first Fan Fiction so try not to be too harsh. I know this is a short chapter but this just starts it off. There might be some spelling/grammer errors, just ignore them. I will get better at editing. So please comment and vote!!! Thanks

-Dani

"Adrian were late!" Molly states, practically screaming at me.

Molly is my assistant of two years now. I don't really need an assistant since I'm just starting my career, but she needed a job. And I thought it would be fun to have someone run my errands and answer calls. We are now late for a meeting with the managers of Sony Records. I have wrote a couple songs for them to hear. And I have been nervous about it all week. Now I'm late! This is not going well. I just finished my senior year of college. I have sold a couple songs to small record labels, but nothing this big. My dream is to have a hit song in the US. This meeting could be the start of my dream. This is huge opportunity! This is my chance to get on the map. I can't mess up. I'm off to a bad start.

"I'm coming!" I yell panicked.

I grab my phone off my night stand. I'm practically tripping over my feet trying to put my heels on and walk at the same time. Not a very wise idea, but luckily I didn't fall on my face. That would make this morning even worse. I grab my bag and Molly and I sprint out the door and into my apartment buildings elevator.

"You think they will be mad?" I ask worriedly

"I don't know, maybe they will understand if we give them a good excuse." Molly says.

"I doubt saying I over slept is a good excuse". I was so busy last night trying to get my songs together that I forgot to set my alarm. I woke up an hour late. I'm such an idiot! This is one of my biggest projects I have ever had and I'm screwing it up.

"Stop worrying, I'm sure everything will be fine. Just try and breath." Molly obviously notices my anxious behavior. But I can't help it. At this moment the doors to the elevator fly open. Molly and I practically sprint into the lobby. We get to the parking lot and get to my car.

"Here you drive, I'm too jumpy right now" I say

Molly jumps into the drivers seat. We head down the street to the studio. I'm hoping we don't run into any traffic. L.A. traffic is the worst.  We arrive at the studio ten minutes later. My nerves really start to get to me as we enter the conference room. There are about five men in business suites sitting around a large round table. When I walk in they all turn to me. My heart jumps. I hate being stared at like this. The guy at the end of the table looks slightly agitated as he walks over to us.

"Your twenty minutes late" He states

My heart drops. I feel so guilty, but I gain my composer and reply.

"I'm so sorry, I slept late and I know that's a poor excuse, but it won't happen again, I promise."

"Its ok, just don't let it happen again, I'm Mark Gibbs by the way. And this is my head staff".

He motions over to the group of people sitting around the table. I give a fake half smile and nod.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Adrian Harp." I say nervously.

I look around and take the first open seat that I see. Molly sits beside me. I feel a bit calmer now. even though I'm still quite nervous. I look over to Mark who is now looking at papers that are in front of him.

"Ok lets began, do you have the song prepared?" He asks.

"Yes I do" I pull out a CD from my purse. I put it on the table in front of him. He nods and walks over to the CD player in the corner. He presses play, and the song starts to play. I hear my singing over the speakers. I'm not the best singer, but it gives them idea of what the songs supposed to sound like. I notice my hands are sweaty. Why am I so nervous? I have done this before. But never with a recorded label this big. What if they don't like the song? What if I don't get my big break? I can't think about that right now. I break out of my thoughts and I stare around the room. I see a couple men bobbing their heads. I take that as a good sign. But Mark has a blank expression on his face. That worries me. The song comes to an end. There is an awkward silence as I wait for a response.

"I think that was pretty good." Mark says with a slight smile on his face. "I think we need to switch up the bridge and give harmonies to the song, but I think it will be perfect for the boys."

I let out a sigh of relief. This is what I have been waiting for, my break. But who are the boys? I realize that I didn't know who I was writing the song for yet. I think Mark notices my confused expression because he answers my question.

"We will be giving this song to One Direction. I think they will be pleased with it."

My breath catches. Did he just One Direction is going to be singing my song? Wow they are the biggest boy band in the world right now. I can't believe this. I haven't exactly been a fan of theirs. I have heard a few of their songs, and they are good.

"Wow, Really? This is amazing! Thank you so much!" I say almost too excitedly.

I look over at Molly whose eyes are as big as an owls. Why is she so shocked? Oh right, I forgot, shes a huge fan. One Direction is her favorite band. She better not fan girl or cry or any of that crap. We have to look professional, this is our job. I will talk to her about it later.

"Yes, now we will set up a meeting later this week. You will meet the boys and set up vocals and make slight changes to the song." He says

"Yes of course, I will be here" I said eagerly.

I stand up and shake hands with Mark. I'm so excited I could jump up and down and scream. I think that would be inappropriate to do in the middle of the conference room. So I will just wait till I get home, or at least out of the building.

"Oh and this time don't be late" He snickers

"Oh believe me sir, I wont." I said with a smile.