That's My Dad

(Vince!)

I am working on their side story. It'll be published shortly. Please be patient a little longer. 

 ***

 I sighed and looked around the empty court yard, half way through Christmas break its not surprising the school was so empty.

 For the millionth time since it happen my mind wandered back to my father, he was truly dead now. I wasn't forced to do what he told me to. I still felt guilty for listening to him in the first place, Todd didn't deserve to be treated like he was. I was stupid to think my father wouldn't hurt him if I did has I was told, I rubbed my cold nose and looked toward the door of my doorm.

 Zetzu, I was scared to face him after the whole thing, I had simply walked out without telling him anything. I had heard he reacted badly to my absence, what if he was mad at me?

 I had been sleeping in the lunch hall and avoiding him, which wasn't hard since it was too cold for him to come looking for me. Of course I was worried he didn't listen to Tate and he was probably freezing to death right now. He should be tucked safely in his bed with its thousands of freaking heating blankets.

 You'd think that was fire hazard, guess that doesn't count in a school of magically gifted children. I sighed again and dropped my head on the table.

 "He's worried about you, you know?" I jumped at the sound of Tate's voice, I looked back at him to see him bundled tightly in thick jackets and pants. There was a girl clinging to him half hidden inside his jackets. Her tightly wrapped legs pressed close to him, I eyed him.

 The girl, I recognized as his girlfriend, looked at me "He won't leave your bed, we had to keep heating blankets on him." I pushed my eyebrows together and shrugged "He's just mad. I'll go back in a few days." Tate stepped up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, "I wouldn't wait. Your room wasn't made to keep a giant snake warm."

 He mumbled quietly before turning and leaving, as the sound of his foot steps vanished I looked back at the door to my doorm.

 I couldn't go back yet, I hadn't even fought along side my brother when he was injured. I just passed out behind a table after our father very nearly beat me to death. No one seemed to blame me even though it was my fault David had been taken in the first place.

 I groaned, I'd have to face him sooner or later might as well be now. I stood up and slowly walked to the door. I looked at the number on it before sighing once again and opening it, I stepped in to a cold house. Tate's words echoed in my head for a second and I walked to the heating system on the wall, it was turned off.

 I frowned and turned it on and up to Zetzu's favorite temperature, I walked up the stairs and glanced at his room. I peeked in and found it empty, his nest of a bed torn apart and a trail of blankets leading out of his room and into mine.

 I opened my door, blankets were draped over his large body, he only fit half on my bed his tail draped off and around my room. The blankets were on but there wasn't that many on his upper body, he was passed out with part of his tail wrapped around his torso. I looked at his messy hair, he needed a shower, leaning down I hesitantly placed my hand on his shoulder.

 He was freezing! I shook him a bit "Zetzu." He didn't move, I shook him harder. His body shifted and I yelled when his tail wrapped around my ankle and and I found myself pinned to him as his tail coiled around us both.

 His arms folded around me and the end of his tail wrapped around my neck, he was shivering. I wiggled as best I could and managed to move my hand up. His tail tightened around us until I was completely pressed into him. I shifted my hand and ran my fingers over his face until I found his ear, I pulled it and he hissed lowly.