Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Bushido stepped over the threshold; Bill shut the door behind him. He searched the room like he usually did. His eyes sweeping the tiny box room before finally resting on Tom. Tom locked eyes with him and shrunk back behind Bill, who turned around and hugged him close. Tom made little whimpering noises in protest against Bushido.

“Sssh Tomi, its gonna be ok” he whispered to him. Bushido eventually looked away from him and instead looked at Bill, a cruel smile curling his lips. 

“Hallo Bill, you know what I'm here for” he said tilting his head that still held the crooked smile. Bill swallowed and nodded.

“I-I… can I take Tom to the other room first?” he asked hesitatingly.

“No, we’ll go to the bedroom, your sofa’s not comfy” Bill looked worriedly at Tom. He was making the little whimpering noises again. He’d understood not much of the conversation but he’d understood enough to know that he would have to be alone again. Bill entwined his fingers into Tom’s,

“You wait here ok? Don’t go anywhere; I’ll be back soon. I'm not going far but you stay here ok?” he said slowly to him, gently squeezing his hand to reassure him that he would be ok. Tom frowned and tears were filling his eyes, but they never fell. Bill gently guided him to the sofa and sat him down. Bill kissed his head and turned to leave the room. He got to the door and turned to give him one last reassuring smile before shutting the door behind himself. Bill took three deep breaths to calm himself down. He heard a loud and deliberate cough from the bedroom. There was only one small double bed. It wasn’t really much bigger than a single. But for Bill and Tom, it was enough.

“What do you want tonight?” Bill snapped. He had folded his arms across his chest and was hunched over slightly as though trying to protect himself.

“Oh, I think you know exactly what I want tonight Billy,”

“Don’t call me that!” he snapped.

“Now Bill, temper, temper” he tutted, the same twisted smile from before curling his lips back over his crooked teeth.

“Please Bushido, not-not tonight…” he begged.

“Oh no, I don’t think so, I came here to get what I want, you know what happens when I don’t get that” he said and made quick fist down by his side then released it. Bill swallowed. Yes, he did know what happens when Bushido doesn’t get his own way. But he realised he wasn’t afraid of that anymore. The men he saw were worse than Bushido had ever been.

“N-no, I cant tonight I-I just can’t! I don’t want to” he argued.

“I beg your pardon? You’ll do as I say, I don’t give a shit about what you want do to do” he growled.  

“No Bushido, I can’t and I won’t do it” he said firmly. Bushido stepped back from him.

“Well don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he said quietly as he brought his fist back and plunged it forward into Bill’s stomach…

Bill staggered back into the living room a few hours later. Tom was slumped on the sofa fast asleep. He tried to be as quiet as possible. He fetched him his other huge jacket and tucked it around him. He also brought the blanket from their bed and he curled up on the sofa beside him and tucked it around the both of them. Tom stirred and woke slightly.

“Billa?”

“Sleep Tomi” he yawned. Tom lay back down and closed his eyes. Bill had his arms around him. A smile played around Tom’s lips. Bill sighed, he was glad he was happy. He wished he could feel the same. He closed his eyes and tried to let sleep wash over him.