Chapter 2: New friend

Sometimes Kyubi thought life hated him. One minute the Fox king told him he had to collect a 100 hundred hearts to be senior fox, which rejoice and promise to get as many as he can. Next thing he knew he was told to watch over a girl and be her guardian.

At first he said no. But he was immediately threatened if he wasn't, he will regret it in the future.

And here he is now, walking in forest looking for the house.

"It should be here somewhere" he said checking at the peice of paper that he was given.

Though the instructions were clearly given, the house was hard to locate due to the trees and darkness. Finally what seem like hours, he finally found the house and saw the girl he was supposed to look after.

She looked about 7 years old. And safe to say she wasn't like any human girl he'd ever seen.

She had dark teal hair going ice blue at the end in a ponytail, her right eye was bright gold that it looked like it was glowing, her left eye was covered by her hair and she had pale grayish skin.

She wore a blue tank top, underneath a white hoodie, and a pair of blue shorts.

Kyubi took a minute to assess her. As odd as she may look, she was actually kinda cute. He smirked as he finally found his first heart and transformed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora sighed as swung her let's back and forth. What taking this person so long?

She gave up and almost stood up , if not for a shadow blocking her.

She looked up and saw a boy around her age, he had grayish tousled hair with 2 strands standing up and yellow eyes with green sclera.

He wore a blue sweater over a white shirt and black shorts. He wore smirk on his face and rose his hand.

"Are you by any chance happened to be Aurora?" he asked while handing her the rose, which she took and nodded.

He raised an eyebrow at her silence, but shrugged it off as sign of shyness and went up and went inside. With Aurora following from behind

Kyubi decided to explore a little of the house. But the silence unnerved him a little so he tried to strike up a conversation.

"So you have a nice house."

Silence

"You're name Aurora. It's really a beautiful name for a girl like you."

Silence

"You're parents picked a really good one. It's so unique."

Silence

By now Kyubi was already getting irritated at her lack of response, so he tried again.

"By the way. When are you're parents anyway? I mean it's not like them to leave you here alone, especially at night-"

He didn't finish when he heard a thud. He turned back to see here shaking uncontrollably and taking ragged breathes.

"H-hey are you alright?" he asked nervously. She finally looked up and he bit his lip.

There were hot tears of despair in her eyes, her cheeks were flushed red. She opened her mouth to speak.

"I-I don't know okay! I just woke up a few minutes ago! I didn't know where I was at first or who I was until that paper in the door told me. I don't even know if I have any parents!" then she cried.

Kyubi mentally kicked himself for saying such things to her. He slowly walked near to her, crouched down and took out his handkerchief and wiped her eyes. She looked surprised at the action.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know" Aurora sense the sincerity in his voice.

"Its okay" she said as he helped her stand up.

"Oh yeah I never got to introduce myself, I'm Kyubi." she tilted her head.

"Like the quarterback?" he fell on the floor.

"N-no" he said while standing up. She giggled.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. And if it makes you feel better I'll be you're friend" Aurora gave him a wide smile.

"I'll like that."