Chapter Nine: Green eyes?

I sat by the window, looking out into the bright joyous forest as the sun rays shone above it and yet I wasn't even allowed to step on the grass.

"I told you not to think about going outside." he whispered into my ear as he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, taunting my inner innocence.

I decided not to answer but gaze out into the open, trying to think this through in the most positive ways, but it all came in negatives. Being his mate till death sounds like selftorture. I don't want to live with him, never will willingly want to.

What can I do if he doesn't reject me back?

"Emily." he stroked my hair as his bare chest pressed on my blanketed back. "Please talk. It's been a week... I'm losing it."

He can keep dreaming in rainbows and bunnies. Being silent for more than two days cracked him up fair enough. Yesterday he knelt down and broke into tears, just so I can laugh and talk, but it didn't work. No matter how many tears he shed. In the end, those tears were just part of his act.

"Emily," he groaned, moving to face me. I didn't bother to look away, instead, I looked directly at his pain struck eyes. "Say something... Please."

I simply stared at him as he laced our fingers together, a sudden wave of warmth passed through my arm from his touch, leaving a crawling feeling where it faded.

"Come on babe, you can't do this. We're getting married next week... I'll make you happy... you'll love me and I'll love you back, but I already do, so you get the point.... Please,"

"That's all you freaking want!? Love!?" I stood up, making him jump a little before smiling in relief. "If I wasn't your stupid mate I know I'd be dead by now."

"Well," he shrugged. "That's how life is Emily..."

"You don't want me," I said, tears blurring my vision at my obvious answer. "You just want love. I don't know how sickening your past is but I know you're dying for love and that's it. You don't care about me, you care about the love that might disappear if I die. I know finding someone else for you wouldn't be satisfying because a mate's love is different...." I took a deep breath and batted my eye lids quickly to whip away the tears. "You don't love me for who I am but what I have. Your stupid destined love!"

I moved away from him, trying to give myself some space to breathe and control my temper. That's been one of the things I also hated. He cared about himself. When his silence got stronger, I dashed out of the room and into a slightly dark corridor. I walked towards the door leading to the backyard when the two guards stopped me. Each growling and eyes shifting as if I was the enemy.

"Ugh, please, I've had a rough day already, let me just sit in that stupid garden!" I waved my arms around and they both chuckled quietly, shaking their heads in denial.

"You can do better than that Luna." one of them said as he leaned his back onto the doors, relaxing a bit.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, feeling exhausted and irritated. I turned away from them instead and walked towards the vacant room where I believe there was a window wide enough for me to slip through and escape without notice. I twisted the door knob but it just didn't open.

Figures. It's locked.

He practically bared the windows so they were small enough that I couldn't slip through, but the vacant room's window were not touched so I'm guessing they decided to lock it instead.

I walked back ingo Grey's room where I found him on the exact same spot, facing out the window and lost in his own world. Almost seeming as though his oil had left his body and was now crumbling from the inside.