The Liquidator

Chapter One

      I took a small walk just to get away from it all. A good friend of mine son has died. He was only fifteen. He died from prostate cancer. My guess it was genetic because he got it at thirteen years old and lost the battle today.

      I loved that kid. I love all of my friend's kids. The sad thing is I can't go to the funeral. I have a "business trip" the day of the funeral. I can't just not go, that would be very bad. Nor could I negotiate to go on a different day.

       I walked down the street thinking worryingly and sadly . "Why was it someone I love? Why couldn't it be someone else?"

       I looked both ways and crossed the street. I wanted to go to a smoothie place or a gym to help calm me down. Working out or indulging myself always comfort me.

       A man confronted me. "Hey lady." "What?" I said a little annoyed. "I need your help. A baby deer has a broken leg across the street in the park. Can you help me move him to safety." "Listen, I don't give a fuck about deer . I don't care if it dies." I said a little pissed off.

       "Please, I can't carry him by myself." He said a little melancholy.  I thought and then sigh "Alright, I'll do it. Show me where it's at." "God bless you." he said cheerfully. I rolled my eyes.

         We crossed the street and headed to the forest in the park. "Thank you so much. What's your name?" he said while walking "Lauren," "Lovely day to be walking, right Lauren?" "Yeah, I suppose." "How old are you?" "Twenty--four, why?" "You're so lovely and young to be walking by yourself." "I not impressed. Where is the deer?"

         He stopped. "Why did you stopped?" I ask to a little annoyed. He pulled out a pistol. "Give me everything you in you purse." I quickly rummage through my fat purse "OK , hold on." I said a little worried. I pulled out my pistol quickly and shot him in between the eyes.

          I slowly walked over, turned him over and looked his wallet. and looked at his driver's licenses. Walt Millers was his name. He had a twenty on him. "Awesome" I thought as I took it.  I walked away. An assassin like me dosen't put up with that shit.