Some Secrets Aren't Worth Keeping

HELLO! Welcome to my very first story YAY!!!!!!

This is just the Prologue but let me know if you like it and if you have any comments I’m open for criticism.  I hope you all like it. ^-^  

Prologue

It’s not possible.  Was all that was running through eight year old Ofelia’s head.  Mommy and Daddy must be wrong I’m obviously a wood bender she thought with goofy grin on her face.

 “Ofelia?”  A soft voice called to her.  The eight year old slowly looked up not even trying to hide the proud smile that was prominent on her face.  “Well what has you in such high spirits today?” her mother asked giving her a warm smile.

  “I’m like you and Daddy!” Ofelia yelled a twinkle in her dark eyes.

  “Of course you like me and Daddy.” Her mother said bending down to make herself   eye level with her abnormally small daughter.  Sometimes she worried about her daughter.  She was so small so much more frail then the other girls her age. Her beautiful red hair was long it shone with a healthy glow a trait she was grateful young Ofelia inherited for her and her eyes so dark almost black just like her father.

  “No mommy I can bend wood just like you and Daddy!” she yelled.  Ofelia’s smile fell when she saw her mother turn white.

  “Sweet heard don’t be ridiculous you’re far too young for your bending to develop, beside you are to be a fire bender.” She said giving her daughter a sweet smile.  “It is your birth element I saw so myself when you first opened your eyes.  The symbol was very clearly fire in your eyes.”

  “But mommy I am like you and daddy.” Ofelia whispered looking at her tiny hands. 

“Honey I know you want to be like me and Daddy but we don’t choose what element we are, the gods choose for us.” She smiled sweetly.  “Fire is a wonderful gift to possess very rare in young women it will make it easy to find yourself a good husband to take care of you.”  Ofelia looked up at her mother who gave a soft sigh and looked to their home.  That’s right a loving husband who can give her what we never could.  An actual home maybe instead of this shed.  Someone might be able to feed her more than bread and berries for dinner.  She looked from the small shed and down to her tiny daughter knowing one day she would be a beautiful bride.  “Honey you will get your fire bending when you’re twelve, just like everyone else, you just need to be patient.”  She said smiling at her beautiful daughter. 

“But mommy, I can already bend wood just like you and Daddy.”  Ofelia said with a small pout angry that her mother didn’t believe her.  Ofelia’s mother showed no sign of a smile now.  “Do not speak such lies Ofelia if his highness heard a rumor that a gem such as yourself bending an element that was not your assigned birth element he would take you away then kill you for spreading lies.”

Ofelia tried to argue “But mommy I’m not li-“

  “NO! Ofelia just stop!” her mother cut her off turning on her heals and storming towards their home. 

Ofelia tried to hold back tears.  Mommy doesn’t believe me she thought sniffling.  Her tears we’re then replaced with anger.  If her mommy didn’t believe her then she would show her she wasn’t a liar.  Ofelia lifted her tiny arm in the air, closed her eyes and worked her magic.  A scream suddenly filled the air, in a panic Ofelia opened her eyes to witness what she had just done.

Edward I’m telling you I saw her Wood Bend. Amelia whispered to her husband.

 “Absurd.”  He replied calmly his dark eyes focused on his shaking wife.  “You know as well as I that she is destine to be a fire bender you saw the mark in her eye the day she was born, everyone did.” 

“Edward, she destroyed the fence.” Amelia suddenly winced cupping her hand over her wounded arm.   

 “And I shall repair it.” Edward replied calmly.

“Edward she is an Anacle.” Amelia said with tears in her eyes.  For the first time since the conversation began fear was prominent on Edwards face.

 “Impossible, they’re nothing but legends.”    

“Edward I saw her myself.”  Amelia shouted.

“Your injuries have just clouded your thought Amelia.”  Edward said grabbing his wife’s hand. 

“No Edward!”  Amelia yelled pulling her hand away from him wincing in pain.  “My baby is an Anacle Edward!” She yelled tears streaming out of her eyes now.  “After that piece of wood lodged into my arm she cleaned it Edward, she pulled out the wood and…”  Amelia began sobbing even more.  

“Calm down my love.  What did she do?”

“She cleaned my wound with water from the pond Edward.  She just lifter her tiny hands and the water was floating in the air, then on my wound.” Amelia sniffed trying to dry her eyes.  “My baby tried to heal me.”  Amelia kept replayed what happened in her head, Ofelia’s tiny form crouched over her tears in her eyes whispering softly ‘I’m sorry Mommy’ over and over.  “Oh Edward I should have believed her.” Amelia said crying “My baby they’re going to try to take away my baby.” She cried putting her face in her teary hands.  Just then a loud squeak could be heard through the room.  Amelia looked from her hands to see Ofelia with tears creeping to the side of her big dark eyes.

 “I’m so sorry mommy.”  Ofelia said running to embrace her mother.  Edward stared at his two beautiful girls.  Fear was in his eyes if Ofelia was indeed an Anacle they needed to hide her.  She could be nowhere near the beast that resides in the nearby castle for if he knew what she could do, they would surly never see her again for he would lock her away until he found some way to manipulate her power.  Edward then ran to his family embracing then he would do anything in his power to protect his girls even if it meant taking them far away.