Game of Survival

Alec let go of the stone and let out a breath. Echo looked up at him.

"Well?"

Alec set the stone on the dresser in Echo's room, "That was...Graphic."

Echo shook her head, "I didn't finish it. But now we know."

Alec swallowed, "And you trust Echoette?"

Echo nodded, "With my life. In fact..." Echo let out a breath, "She, uh..."

Alec noticed that it was difficult for Echo to get the words out, "You can talk to me."

Echo pulled in a breath and let it out slowly, "It's about the baby. She's, uh...we don't have two months until she's here. We have days maybe even hours."

Alec's eyes went wide, "What?"

Echo swallowed, "Echoette told me that the baby is full term and is coming. Soon."

Alec let out his breath, "Well, how do you feel now?"

Echo glanced down, "I'm okay. She's moving a lot but I think we still have a few days."

Alec shook his head, "I don't understand. You aren't that big. For a normal pregnancy, you barely look three months along."

Echo shrugged her shoulders, "We haven't exactly had time to get an ultrasound. We've been a little busy."

Alec let out a small smile, "Well tonight we can celebrate two very special situations. Valentine is dead and the Downworld is safe and we are going to be parents."

Echo let out a smile of her own as she pulled open her door, "Are you sure you're ready for that?"

Alec gripped Echo's hand, "One-hundred percent positive."

Echo smirked, "Then let's go celebrate."

Echo and Alec vanished from the Institute and landed in the middle of the Hunters Moon where the celebration was just getting started. Luke stood in the middle of the bar and popped open a bottle of Champagne. The noise startled Echo, but she let out a cheer along with the rest of the crowd.

Luke let out a laugh and held up the bottle, "To the Downworld!" The crowd repeated him before Luke added onto his toast, "To the Shadowhunters!"

Echo laughed and shook her head. "Go grab a drink, I'm going to go talk to Luke."

Alec pressed a kiss to her forehead before she pushed her way through to her surrogate father. Luke saw Echo coming towards him and he let out a smile.

"Echo!" He pulled her into a hug but noticed they weren't alone. Luke's smile grew and he put his hands on Echo's belly. "Baby!"

Echo laughed, "How drunk are you?"

Luke looked up at her, "I love you, so much!"

That was Echo's answer. "I love you too Luke."

Luke let out another laugh and Echo shook her head, "You werewolves and your alcohol tolerance."

Luke spun Echo around before planting a kiss on her cheek. Echo kept her smile as she watched Luke mingle with the Downworlders with ease.

Echo kept her smile as she walked back over to her family. Isabelle slipped her arm through Echo's and looked down, "You know. I could style that baby bump so easily. Oh, please. I have so many ideas."

Echo shook her head, "What? You going to put me in some bohemian dress that shows off everything?"

Isabelle smiled, "Of course not. I was thinking crop top and mini skirt."