Nightmare

Refusing to take the path way through a foreboding forest I started to travel through a field that was covered in an abundant array of flowers. Their colors looked too vivid to be real and were far more stunning than any flower I've seen before. I felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz in place of Dorthy when she skips threw the flowers only to be knocked out into sleep; either that or high.

I plucked a flower and when I did it turned into a snake with fangs longer than my fist. I quickly flung it on the ground and tried to swallow, but my breath seemed to be caught in my throat. Screams tried to lace up, but were stopped by fear. Totally ironic if you ask me.

I knew this was just a dream though, so I stepped on the snake’s skull crushing it. The snake wriggling around and spasmed until it finally was still, finally dead. With a smirk I wandered on, but a feeling something wasn't right kept gnawing at me.

Suddenly, I felt something warm trailing down my leg.

I glanced down to see fresh blood trickling out of a bite mark. My eyes widened wondering when the snake could have possibly bitten my leg. My heart beat quickened when I saw all of the flowers turning into creatures. Some that could not possibly exist.

They looked like vulgar experiments that had gone wrong. They looked grotesque, but their smell was even worse making me want to vomit. They smelled worse than an old lady on her death bed, hell they stung worse than road kill that's been on the side of the road for two weeks. The smelled like century old death. Although, how would I know how that smelled?

Covering my nose I realized I was surrounded.

Ah shit... Wait this is only a dream, so does that mean I can control this?

I tried to make all the monsters disappear, but failed miserably. Damn!

Then I heard an almost demonic voice boom. Shouting, "Don't just stand there! KILL!! KILL!!!!"

It's screeching sent shivers through my bones, into my soul chilling me inside. Shaking from fear I waited for the worst to come, but the monsters did not attack me. They were staring with eyes that appeared to possess no soul, yet they did not move an inch from where they stood. They looked frozen in place