Percy

Annabeth was amazing. The more Percy spent time with her, the more he wanted to be with her. He felt kinda stupid, as he had met her only days before but she was just perfect. Even if they were different, they had so much in common and they really understood each other. Being with Annabeth was as normal as breathing.

Annabeth seemed to feel the same way. They spent the whole afternoon just talking. They talked about families, friends, school, gods, all the usual stuff. Percy found himself telling about his childhood. About Smelly Gabe and his friend Grover. About all the adventures they had had in the summers, traveling around the country. He told Annabeth about his schools and how hard it was for him to stay in one place without blowing something up. And she listened carefully, eyes full of curiosity.

Then it was her turn. She told him how she had run away as a child and how she had found the camp. She told him how she loved architecture and how she would do anything to learn. But she didn't talk about her camp much and every time she came close to the subject, her eyes filled with pain and she started to talk about something else. She talked about her school and her friends there, all 100% humans.

"You are a good fighter, that I know", Percy said when they had sat in a silence for a while.

Annabeth nodded and chuckled. "I had to save your proud ass, trying to protect me and all."

"Hey, to be fair I thought you were a human and couldn't fight!" Percy laughed when the memory of the encounter on the alley flashed back to his mind. "Yeah, I was kinda useless that day..."

"Speaking of that, how's your shoulder?" Annabeth became serious again and glanced at Percy's shoulder. 

Percy grimaced as he remembered the wound and immediately felt a hot pain. Annabeth looked worried and moved Percy's shirt to see the wound better. Percy felt her fingers pressing the edges of the bandage. 

"I'm gonna need you to take your shirt off so I can take a good look at that. The bandages need to be changed as well", Annabeth stood up and tossed a little bit of ambrosia to Percy.

Percy grinned ignoring the intensifying pain. "There are easier ways to get me take off my shirt you know?" 

Annabeth slammed the back of Percy's head but her cheeks were a little bit red. 

Percy pulled the shirt over his head with one arm, trying to keep the other shoulder still and ate the ambrosia. Percy glanced at Annabeth who seemed to be really busy organizing the bandage and scissors, looking anywhere else but Percy. Then she sat next to him, her face close to Percy's shoulder and started to peel off the old bandage. 

Percy was extremely aware of Annabeth's presence, her breathing against his skin, her fingers gently cleaning the wound. He knew exactly where her hands were and where she sat and how far away from him she was. He tried to focus on the breathing as he felt the ambrosia's effect and felt stronger. 

"All done", Annabeth said and watched the other way as Percy pulled his shirt back on. Percy found this extremely amusing. 

"Thank you. For everything."

They sat extremely close to each other. There was barely any space between their bodies as they turned face to face. Annabeth's eyes examined Percy's face and Percy couldn't stop looking at her. She was incredible. 

Percy lifted his hand and brushed Annabeth's face and watched as she shivered a little under his touch. He wanted to kiss her but felt like it would be too soon. They just stared into each other's eyes for a moment that felt like forever. Then Annabeth stood up and took Percy's hand.

"Come, we can't spend the whole weekend inside. I want to show you some San Fransisco."

Okay hi! First of all, I want to thank you all, because my story hit 1k reads and that is so cool and I really appreciate you who have the energy to read this story. I would like to know, would you prefer these longer chapters I have been writing (I get too excited to stop) or would it be better to write shorter chapters? Thank you all so much! <33