February 2018 prompt

I have had two great suggestions for this prompt. SarcasmAndCynicism suggests writing a story about going out with a bang, and TerryTheSkeloton suggests writing a story based around a particular emotion. I don't see why these two ideas can't be combined. So...

For this story, you're going to write about someone who somehow, in some way, goes out with a bang! You can interpret that however you wish. Maybe it's a musician who plans a spectacular final concert, or a sports team giving their all in one last game, or a filmmaker making a huge final film of a series. Or you could interpret it more literally. It could be a suicide bomber. You could even interpret in a slightly dirty way - someone who... ah, but you don't need me to spell it out for you, do you?

In addition, I'd like you to get your dice, in order to decide which emotion will feature prominently in your story.

If you roll a one, you will write a story about love.

If you roll a two, you will write a story about sadness.

If you roll a three, you will write a story about jealousy.

If you roll a four, you will write a story about happiness.

If you roll a five, you will write a story about confidence.

If you roll a six, you will write a story about... let's have an unexpected one. Sulkiness. The emotion of feeling sulky!

Many thanks to SarcasmAndCynicism and TerryTheSkeloton. I'm looking forward to this already!

The deadline is 21 March 2018.

Exciting news! Exciting news! Exciting news!

Last month I said the club would be finishing, (hence the whole 'going out with a bang' idea.) But at least one member is not prepared to let the club die. So after this prompt, the club will be continued by TheMissepicfail, who already has her prompt book set up. (You can check it out and let her know how appreciative you are by going to her profile. Alternatively, I'll put a link in the comments. ) Soooooooo many thanks to TheMissepicfail! You rock! Hurrah! I'll still contribute to the club, (provided the Chinese government lets me!) and I hope to see it continue for a loooong time.

And the stories...

May Flowers AndrewBrannigan gives us the story of two broken people who meet on a hill above a city and perhaps find a path to healing. It has some very nice dialogue.

Castration Nation ulzeta_'s dystopian story poses the question: Is there a difference between everyone being born equal... and everyone being born the same?

Mr Ettef expresses his displeasure A story about Mr Jesoso and Mr Ettef. They don't like each other too much.

Don't Judge a Blank...Slade TheMissepicfail's story. As far as other kids at the school are concerned, Slade is just some sulky, reclusive Goth. They have no idea what he really is...

I am assured there will be at least one late entry, and it sounds pretty cool, so watch this space...