Merlin's Secret

Authors note: This story is completely my own and I have worked really hard on it. So I ask of you to please not copy anything from this story thank you.

Keep in mind that this is after King Arthur

"Please Merlin. Please teach me the shape shifting spell," I begged Merlin one afternoon. "No it is much too dangerous, and I will not have my daughter learning that spell until she is ready and you are not ready!" "But Merlin I'll be careful. Please." Lilith Pendragon!" He shouted. " I don't want you to get stuck. I may be powerful but if you get stuck, you will be lucky if I can even turn you back to your old self without any side effects!" "But-" I started to say, but was cut short due to the warning bell telling us to run for cover. I grabbed my wand and ran for cover. In my haste I lost sight of Merlin. " Ok Lil don't panic he is probably hiding and is safe. No reason to worry." But why can't I shake this feelng of dread that is slowly inching its way to my heart.

Ok, you are probably wondering what the heck is going on, so here is a little background for you:

The only time the warning bell sounds is when his royal highness, King Henry, is approaching. You might be asking yourself "Why are you people hiding from the monarchy?" The answer is simple. King Richard is only king because the real king and queen never returned from a voyage into enemy territory. So I think it's safe to assume that they have perished. Unfortunately for us, Camelot's citizens, King Richard is a brutal king. He had daily hangings for no reason, and innocent people died by his hand. He jailed us because he may not have liked how we dressed, or we may have looked weird to him. He jailed us for any reason he wanted.

The people that had the "pleasure" of being targeted were the poor people. When the poor people (and some wealthy) couldn't take King Richards cruel treatment any more, they fled the kingdom. They made a new home and called it Yorkshire. King Richard despises us, but his true hate is directed toward one person in our village, my father, Merlin Pendragon. King Richard is angry because Merlin helped the "enemy" of the kingdom. With Merlin's help the "enemy" won. You may be asking "what do you have to do with any of this Lilith?" Well unfortunately for me, I am Merlin's daughter, as you might have already guessed. I am kept a secret though, because if King Richard ever found out that I even existed, I would be captured and tortured until Merlin gave King Richard whatever he desired. In order to keep that from happening I pose as Merlin's servant.

Authors note: hey peeps I hope your enjoying my story so far and I would love to hear what you think about it so far. I will try and update it as much as I can too. I hope you guys like it. Please leave comments telling me what you thought of this story:)