Seventeen.

Jordie's POV:

Despite agreeing to them coming over, I was really nervous about meeting my extended family. I'd only ever had one set of grandparents - my mum's parents, my gran and grandpa. My gran was very uptight and judgemental. She didn't seem very happy that her daughter had four kids and because I was the one that was born when she was 18 and supposedly 'ruined her life', I received most of her harsh words. My grandpa was also a bit of a moaner - he was always complaining about my generation as if we were the demons of society and saying that "everything was so much better thirty years ago." Hmm, no. Another thing to add was that I'd never had an uncle before, just three aunts. Maybe that was why my grandparents were so cold; they'd had to raise four annoying girls. Well they weren't all annoying. Obviously my mum was and so were her older sisters Victoria and Vivienne but her younger sister Vanéah had always been nice to me. And yes, they do all have 'V' names. I know, cringe. Luckily, I was going to get an uncle now. I hoped he'd be an alright guy.

I was determined to make a good impression on my new set of grandparents, Alex's brother and Perrie's mum, so they'd have no reason to complain about me. After lunch and while I waited for them to arrive, I played with Lillie and Tommy. A little while later, Alex came to find me.

"Hey bud, are you free next Saturday?" He asked.

"I think so." I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket and checking my calendar. "Yeah I am."

"Good good, do you want to see a Liverpool match?" He pulled two tickets out from behind his back.

"Yeah of course! Thanks Alex. So would I take a friend?"

"That's what I'm thinking, yeah."

"Alright, I'll see if my friend Toby's free. Thanks again."

"No problem." He replied, handing me the tickets before walking off.

I opened my phone and sent a text to Toby, asking if he was up for it. Just as I sent it, the doorbell rang and I heard Alex move to get it. Quickly, I rushed to the nearest mirror and made sure I looked presentable. Satisfied with the result, I walked back into the living room, waiting for the family members to come inside. My heart was pounding and I could hear voices outside.

"...and in here is Jordie." Alex announced as he, the woman I'd met before - his mum, a tall and oldish man and a lanky young man that I assumed must be Alex's brother, all walked inside. I quickly stood up as they all stared at me.

"Hi... I'm Jordan." I stuttered.

"Hi Jordie, I'm Christian, Alex's brother." Said the young man, leaning in for a hug and patting me on the back. "How you doing? You doing alright?"

"Yeah yeah, good." I mumbled nervously.

"Hi Jordan, nice to meet you again. I'm Wendy, your nan." Said the woman and she also gave me a hug.

"Nice to meet you Jordan." Said the man, and he shook my hand shortly after. "My name's Mark, I'm Alex's dad."

"Hi." I said again, to everyone.

"Is it Jordan or Jordie?" Asked Wendy.

"Um, I don't mind either. Jordie's what most people call me but it doesn't really matter."

"Ok. How old are you now then Jordie?"

"13."

"You play football Jordie?" Asked Christian, as he sat down on the sofa. I nodded.

"What team?"

"Just a local one."

"Alright, what team do you support?"