Chapter 3

Chapter 3

     The next morning I awoke to the old man Caesar humming and dancing around. What was he so happy about? His home was destroyed, he has no family left, there's nothing he could possibly be happy about. But I quickly forgot about all that when I smelt the food Caesar was cooking. He made an omelet with bacon and wine on the side, and some grapes. It was delicious. I ate it so fast Caesar looked at me funny like I was some kind of monster. After I was done immediately Caesar began to speak. "Today you will be coming with me, I have some business to deal with and I need you to come with me." I nod my head in agreement. What kind of business is he talking about? I like Caesar and I am thankful for him, but sometimes he scares me.

   As we started to leave the house, this "business" thing wouldn't leave my mind. Why can't he just tell me! Every time I ask him to tell me he says, "Wait, in time you will know all." That's really helpful. What could it be? Rebuilding houses in Equestria? Hunting for food? Or maybe... no, that couldn't be it. Maybe Caesar is trying to kill me! Maybe he's taking me somewhere private where he will finish me off. No, that can't be it, there's no one left in Equestria but him, so what's the big deal if he kills me in his house? All of these ideas floating in my head are making me fearful. I wish he would just tell me already. After a while of walking Caesar stops in front of an old well, not destroyed at all. At first I thought he might want to stop for some water, but as I look into the well I see there is no water, just darkness. " All right Quincy, your first. Just go down on this rope." I began to be very fearful. He's going to trap me in the well! "Ummm, Caesar, I really don't think I should go down there." Caesar gives a big smirk and begins to laugh. " Oh Quincy, I'm not gonna kill ya! My business is down there, just go down on the rope and you will see. I think about it, and I think to myself, What else do I have to lose? So I go against my fear and begin to descend into the well, hoping that this isn't the end for me.

   The lower I descend into the well, the darker it gets. Its been a few minutes and I'm still descending into the well. I can no longer see Caesar or any light at all. This well goes very far down. I look down farther into the well and then I see a light! Maybe Caesar wasn't trying to kill me after all! I go lower and lower until I finally reach the bottom of the well. There I see a well crafted wooden door. I try to open the door, but it is locked. Right as I decided to give up on opening the door Caesar comes down with a key and unlocks it for me, almost giving me a heart attack in the process. When the door opens I see a vast hallway made of stone. After a while of walking I begin to grow tired of walking down this hallway. " Caesar, are we almost there yet?" "Oh calm down Quincy, we will be there in no time at all! Look! We are already here!" I take a look forward to see another well crafted wooden door. Caesar pulls out another key and unlocks the door. Im hoping we are here because I can't walk across another hallway. When I go through the door I am amazed by what I see.

    What a sight! When I went through the door I see a huge city underground! People are everywhere, there are houses and shops and other places in the city. "Welcome to New Equestria Quincy. This is where I take care of my business." I look around and when I think about it, this place is set up exactly like Equestria above ground. I begin to talk to Caesar. "Caesar! This place is amazing! When was this place built?" "Oh I'd say about 9 months ago, only a few months after the destruction of Equestria. You see Quincy, many people survived from the attacks. Equestria was very famous for its underground tunnel systems. During the attack, many people were evacuated into the tunnels.Of course the tunnels were destroyed during the attack, but what Zacharia's army didnt know that we had secret evacuation mines underneath the tunnels just in case something like that happened. After the army left we began construction on the underground city. Word spread to those who were still alive of our underground civilization and they decided to come here to. Now we have hundreds of people living here." I was amazed by how beautiful the city was. If Equestria was just as beautiful, I wish I could have seen it.

  I wanted to go look around the city but I was being pushed by Caesar to go in one direction. We continued to walk along this long pathway overlooking the city until we reached a small shack. It wasnt very good looking, as it looked as if it belonged in the above ground Equestria. After we got inside Caesar quickly closed and locked the door. He then immediately starts hugging me and dancing and singing. "What's going on?" He looks at me with happiness in his eyes. "Oh Quincy, you don't understand! Oh dear, dear Quincy, how long we have awaited your presence!" I continue to stare at him as he jumps up and down celebrating something I dont know about. What long awaited presence? Do these people know who I am! " Caesar, what are you talking about?" He stops dancing and offers me a seat. "Come boy, it is time we must talk." So I sit down, waiting for an explanation for all of this celebration. "I didn't want to tell you this because I thought it might put you in danger or overwhelm you but.." "But what Caesar?" "You see, Quincy, Quincy Harvin is not your full name." 

    "Wait a second, you know who I am?" " Well Quincy, I realized who you were after I heard your name but... I thought you were dead." I was shocked by the news. Caesar knew who I was! What's even worse is that he thought I was dead! " Well Caesar, what's my name then?" "Oh Quincy, I can't believe it but... Your full name is Prince Quincy Harvin Jamison. You are the lost son of King Nathanial of Boznov!"