Meeting The Alpha Original Draft

A/N this is the original and unedited draft of Meeting the Alpha. It has grammatical errors and tons of plot holes, even character's names are changed throughout the story. You have been warned, so I don't want comments about how the plot doesn't make sense or a characters name has been changed because I know. I wrote this when I was fourteen and it's been taken down and is in the process of being reuploaded. The prologue, Chapters one and two are both reuploaded and have been edited. 

And without further ado...

Chapter 1

Ring.

Ring.

Ring!

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock and I groaned, turning onto my side and hitting the snooze button. I wasn't ready to get up and face what lay ahead of me. My parents took me away from everything I'd ever known. My friends, my family, and what I considered my home. Phoenix, Arizona would always be considered my home and I would never forget any of the memories that had transformed me into the person that I am now.

My dad's job was the reason that we now lived in Eureka, California and I couldn't blame him for any of that. This wasn't their fault, but I insisted on making them think that. I felt bad, I really did, but what's a girl to do, when she'd moved from the only home she's ever known? How was I supposed to go through highschool without knowing what any of the people were like here? Were they nice? Mean? Friendly? Not.....friendly?

Not friendly seemed a reasonable explanation for the people here, or one girl in particular. I hadn't been here long, but I'd already had a run in with a girl who I knew already disliked me.

The waves crashing against the shore and the wind blowing through my hair, made me forget where I was. I pictured myself back in Phoenix surrounded by my friends and my family, or more specifically, my brother. Michael. I wanted it to be true, but I knew it wasn't and I knew that no matter what, it wouldn't become true. So I needed to make the best of my life here.

"You must be new," a high pitched voice rang out from behind me.

I knew it was a girl before I even looked up. "Yeah."

She smiled, holding out here hand, her blonde hair rippling in the wind. "I'm Jane."

I smiled softly at her and shook her hand. "I'm Sarah."

"Well Sarah," Jane said smiling as she leaned in closer to me, so that we were face to face. "Would you mind moving? My friends and I were sitting here first and I'm afraid your presence is ruining our fresh air."

I glared at her as her friends burst out laughing. Wow, the nerve of this girl. She didn't even know who I was and yet here she was, insulting me. Not very friendly of her, but whatever.

I stood up and brushed the sand off of me, before I turned on my heel and continued my journey down the beach.

"Sarah! Get down here or you're going to miss you're bus!" My mom called from what sounded like the bottom of the stairs.

I sighed and climbed out of bed, slowly. "Coming!" I made my way over to my closet, which still contained a few boxes that had yet to be unpacked. I pulled out my favorite pair of skinny jeans, which were dark blue. I matched it with a blue tank top, that I bought with my best friend back in Phoenix. I ran a brush through my hair and completed my attire with my favorite hoodie.

By the time I was making my way to the bus stop, it was a little past 7 and I still had at least 45 minutes until school started. I had time to think about what I was going to do when I got there. I didn't really feel like being social, so I could hang back and just not talk to anyone. That sounds like a reasonable plan.