New Friends And Old Part 1

The short cat paused in her place at the entrance of the Snack Falcon, her red eyes growing at the sight. All three of you stayed quiet for awhile.

"...M-mae?" You stammered out, shocked. "Oh. My. God." Gregg said, cutting in. "Hey Gregg, and Y/N!" Mae answered both of you, smiling and waving her paw. " What are you doing here?" Gregg asked, his previous sadness being replaced with some sort of shocked happiness...

Mae's smile widened slightly as she looked over at Gregg , coming closer to the two of you." I'm back." She admitted. "Like, back as in today?" Gregg's smile couldn't get any wider as his excitement grew. " Back as in back." Mae said.

"Too bad you didn't die at college." Gregg started. You paused, looking back at Gregg, eyes wide. Mae's smile dropped for a second.

"Too bad you didn't catch a flesh eating disease." Mae countered at him, smiling again. You looked back at her, still in shock. " Too bad you didn't join a murdercult." Gregg said back at the feline. At this point you started to catch on to what they were doing.

"Too bad you didn't lose all your limbs, in a freak soda machine accident." Mae bantered back. "God, it's good to see you." Gregg stated, " Aaaaaaaagh!!!" He screamed and started flapping his arms around, you jumped a little from the sudden noise, but you smiled at how happy he seemed.

" How's Angus? You two still a thing?" Mae asked him,"Hold on!" You and Mae watched as Gregg ran into a staff room door behind the counter.

"So...Y/N, what are you doing back?" Mae asks you, an intrigued look on her face. " What are you doing back?" You question.

"Eh, I dropped out of college..." She trailed off, looking away. You frown slightly, " I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's totally fine dude! Don't worry about it." Her tone got darker, her slight smile falling as she looked at you again. " So! You didn't answer my question." She put a paw on her hip. 

"Oh, uh, I'm here for Harfest..?" You respond. 

"Huh...Hey Gregg, what are you doing?" She calls over to the counter.

"Changing the music!!!" He yells from somewhere. Suddenly the calm elevator-esque music changed into an upbeat tune that sounded like a trouble-maker's theme song. Gregg ran out from the Staff door and stopped infront of you.

"What?" He asked. "Angus!" Mae reminded him.

"What are you doing here???" He started wiggling his arms again and you couldn't help but smile again at that.

"I live here!" She said as she watched her friend. "Since when?!" He yelled with the utmost happiness.

"Since last night? 11 or so?" She provided him the details of her return. 

" That's amazing!!! Come to band practice!"

"Oh my god! the band is still a thing?" Mae said, surprise in her voice. "Band...?" You asked out loud.

" Yeah! Me, Casey, Mae, and Angus used to play together back in Highschool!" He turned back around to face you. " We never went anywhere though."

" Oh, huh..." You imagine Gregg and his friends being happy and playing loud music in an old abandoned building somewhere, you wish you could be apart of their group somehow.

" When's practice?" Mae asked him. " Now!" He grinned. " When do you get off work?" She questioned. " Now!" Gregg shrugged, still grinning.

"Really-?" She asked but before she could finish asking, he ran past her, and barreled out of the entrance.

"Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!" He screamed from outside. Mae followed him out of the door.

You giggled to yourself and turned on your heel to grab your snacks. You had only picked up the bag, but before you could get your drink the door swung open again revealing Gregg running up to you and quickly grabbing your hand, pulling you out of the door with him. " H-hey! Wait!" You reached out your empty and hand grabbed the Slushie on the counter, allowing yourself to be pulled along with Gregg.

His paw was soft and warm and slightly bigger than yours, you observed sliently. His grip tightened as he started running to catch up with Mae.