Pieces Glued Together: Chapter One

In which Trubel ends up changing the future by catching sight of a gunman stalking a certain Captain. 

Pieces Glued Together

Chapter One 

The sound of a car screeching to a halt outside the house had the girl scrambling out of her bed, sending one of the Grimm Diary books on wesen to the floor with a thud. Adrenaline coursed through her body at that moment, making her heart race. Pulling the blinds apart, Trubel found her eyes landing on the tall figure that she vaguely remembered from the precinct, fumbling with an odd glass container, looking extremely worried about something. As he stalked up the walkway, Trubel found her eyes flitting over towards a car that pulled up right behind the one that had just arrived. The banging on the door interrupted her thoughts, but it was the sight of the man shifting and pulling something out of his inner pocket that had her heart thumping, stomach dropping and nerves suddenly jumpy. Her instincts to run and not look back, like all those years of traveling taught her, started going haywire.

He had a gun.

"Nick! Nick! Come on open the door up!"

Quickly bolting down the stairs, the harsh knocks grew more desperate before Trubel opened the door without a second thought, hands grasping and pulling before she slammed the door shut and turned the deadbolt. The man straightened himself out as Trubel shifted the blinds, watching the man pause before slinking back and waiting.

"You're being followed." She finally stated, brown eyes watching the man. "He's got a gun."

Renard, who had been fixing his shirt and adjusting his grip on the container that was filled with Adalind's newest spell, flinched. His hand darted to his gun located at his hip before making his way to the girl that was occupying Nick's and Juliette's house. Looking through the small slit between the blinds, his brow furrowed and ripples shifted across his face, woge tempting to come forth at how unsettled it made him feel at the sight of Weston Steward standing outside like it was a perfectly normal thing to do; like he hadn't been missing for weeks already.

Trubel shifted way from the window, finally looking at the man that had come to the house.

"What did you need anyways?" she questioned. "Nick and Juliette went to a wedding."

Renard pulled away from the window abruptly and looked down at the girl before him. "I need to get this bottle to Nick. Adalind did something bad to him and he needs to drink this." He got out, recalling exactly why he was here in the first place.

"I know it sounds crazy, but Nick is in serious trouble."

Worry suddenly gnawed at Trubel's insides, her heart lurching in a painful way and stomach feeling like a knot was in it.

"Has she been here? Long blonde hair? Pretty?"

Trubel paused, her own brows furrowing in thought. "I...Juliette acted like she didn't know me, earlier. She said she didn't like bacon, and I knew that was wrong, but...I followed her, watched her get into a cab and when it pulled away, it wasn't Juliette anymore, but a blonde woman..."

"Adalind... That was probably Adalind." He ground out. "Was she alone with Nick at all?"

Dread pooled in her stomach and she barely nodded her head before rushing to the computer desk.

"Let me get you the address for the wedding." She quickly stated before pausing and then looking back at the door. Renard turned towards it as well, hand still resting near his own gun.