Day 4 - Your Sibling

Dear Nabil,

It's weird calling you by your name because I always call you by 'Abang' (which is 'brother' in Malay). You are my one and only brother and I am really grateful to have you as my brother! I know our age difference is big, (wait, is 5 years of difference big?), we are very close! I've heard from my friends that they don't really get along with their elder brother/sister and they are really jealous of us. It's not that I'm bragging, but I'm just saying...

I think I know why we are really close, Abang. First, I am your one and only sister and you are my one and only brother. Second, I heard from Ummi that you are the one who wanted a younger sibling after spending 5 years of life being alone.

[For those of you who want to know why I wrote that second reason, here is it.

He actually didn't want to have a younger sibling because he wanted everything to himself! I'm just kidding, he is not selfish xD But really, he wanted to be the only child. Until my brother saw his neighbor playing with his/her (I don't know, really) playing with his/her younger sibling, he changed his mind. Then when I was in my Mum's womb, he already named me! Yeah, so for those who don't know my full name, it's okay. I'm not going to tell you my full name, but the name he gave starts with 'N'.

He was the one who taught me everything. He is -or was- my partner in crime! There was one day when my mum confiscated our PS1 (i was 7 years old I think). Then, we woke up at 5+ am because my mum was still sleeping. So, we concocted a plan. We drew a map of our house (I know it's lame because it's so easy to take back our PS1 we just need to be quiet, that's all xD). I think our plan was marvelous. We sneaked into our mum's bedroom, and he went to my mum's toilet to do his business while I opened the cupboard and took it. The next day (or that morning) our mum found out and she didn't get mad and confiscated it back, instead, she let us play it.. xD

I know my brother is awesome and I love him very much. I still remembered we wrestled and he accidentally pulled out a few strands of my hair and I actually hit my head on the floor. We jumped on the bed, we tickled each other, we played Blind Mice, Badminton, Soccer, name it! We did everything. He taught me all the skills to play Soccer and I don't think I remember them.

So, it was when we were young. So, right now (present), he let me use his stuffs! Because he used my stuffs like my straightener... We share lots of stuffs though, that's why I love him. One more thing why I love him is because...................................he helped me do my homework! xD

Actually there's one more thing, but I'm not going to write it. If I were to write why I love him, this letter will never end but I'm pretty sure you guys get the gist of it.]

So yeah, Abang, I love you very much. I love when you're helpful, sweet, caring, annoying (because when you're annoying, you tend to punch me or disturb the heck outta me. This makes me powerful, because, I can at least beat someone back! Which is you, of course.) Thanks for making me smile, laugh, cry -.- . Thanks for teaching me stuffs I needed to know (which is very little because some stuffs were redundant..xD) Last but not least, thank you for being my brother! Oh and, you've grown up... :( Well, everybody grows up...

Sincerely,

Jazlina (your one and only [i'm not gonna put all the nicknames he calls me because it's a lot] )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I hope you don't find it boring... But yeah, I'm just recalling some memories.. xD