Chapter 1: En-01

Over the past 3 years of my life I’ve been designing and engineering, what seems to look like a hologram, one that can simply vanish into thin air without leaving no trace behind. One that can move objects like opening doors, sitting on a couch, holding a cup of coffee or a bowl of cereal. With the thought and long processes of my calculations, this lookalike hologram was perfectly designed. Neither brand nor company owns this well master piece of mine, it was very well secretive.

I’m assuming you know what I’m capable of. Well, let me tell you the real me. Yes, I graduated with a bachelor’s degree of science at a 4year University in California. A new journey I was heading for, I realize that’s not what I wanted… I wouldn’t say 4 years was a waste of time, science will always be a part of me. What if you have something that was great, but isn’t great as something greater?

That’s the journey I am heading or looking for. But as of right now, I have no children, I live in a 1 bed room apartment with my dog and I work as a waitress at a coffee shop in Forks of Salmon, California. Its lovely place here, don’t get me wrong. I love the forest and the little mountain trails I sometimes go hiking with my dog. She’s a mix medium bread that I saved in a poor environment by the way. Over the past 3 years liven in North of California, where I found this little quite town Forks of Salmon, I’ve been doing a lot of researching and studying. Thus came across a designed of a hologram. I won’t go into depth of the hologram history or holograph history, without his theory; Dennis Gabor. No scientist would go beyond nature or man’s knowledge itself. As a female scientist, you get a lot of doubtful looks over the years. Man should stand above nature blah, blah, speech. It still 2014 and woman don’t get treated equally into the modern society.

I patted my dogs head and went upstairs, closing the old garage doors, it’s temporally use for my equipment. Taking a long hot bath, I made dinner and headed off to bed. Tomorrow noon

will be the big day to start off my testing. I will explain further what she does; I call her “En-01” as I dug my face into the pillows, exhausted as ever.

I woke up with a smell of fresh coffee beans, of course my place is only a block away from where I work. I took a week off since I’ve been working so hard.

Even though the weather today was chilly, I wearied something a little bit fresh looking, to fit where I belong or whichever location I wanted to be.

En-01 is little device I made where she wraps around my wrist. She looks ordinary like a jewelry bracelet but very delicate to be gentle with. I made everything around my apartment seemed fit and ready, making sure my dog has enough to eat and drink, go whenever she pleases. She knows the way back home anyway. Made sure no unexpected visitors arrived soon or later. I’m only going to be gone for a few hours no longer than 24hours.

“En-01, on?” making sure she was awake as I shut the curtains and walked around my living room.

“Hello, Julie. Age-25, Blood type- AO, Height- 5’7, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, detecting Health rate- Seems to be clear.” she finally responded

I made her programing voice sound human with medium wave lengths, can’t make her sound robotic, now can I? If I’m lost with directions, she’ll be very useful when the time is needed.

“How are your programing systems, En-01?” I waited for any answer as she scans through.

“My operate resource is very efficient. Control over memory access and small hardware in tech.”

“Excellent” I said happily

“Where would you like to go, Ms. Julie” En-01 replied

En-01 only knew the basics of me, my height, my blood type, age, and my health.

“Take me, where the sun of California shines the hotties, where the waves are reachable to deep your toes in the sand, where everyone is treated equally and unique in their own way.” I had a sense En-01 knew nothing what I was saying, but with a blink of an eye I was here. I hear the waves, not from a distance but very close, I looked at my hands where I stood still by a table, dim light from above made my skin glowed, it was nearly sunset. From my guessing, I was in a little restaurant. I opened the door and looked back it was called the Dark Horse. I looked around, all kinds’ people cheerful and tanned, with interesting personality’s

“Where are we, En-01?” I couldn’t believe how much detailed resemblance information I gave her.

“This location is called San Diego, California. Its tempter is 65F, humidity is 72% and Wind 2mph. Ms. Julie”

I closed my eyes to picture the fresh breeze flowing through the surface of my skin, the smell of salty ocean water, and the taste of this air by the beach. If I can picture it perhaps I can feel… but I can’t. This device wasn’t made to feel or taste.

Time does fly by really fast. “How long have we been here, En-01?”

“Nearly 7 hours and 30 minutes 05 seconds, Ms. Julie”

“Perfect.” I smiled “But I do got to make some changes”

“Are you not satisfied? Ms. Julie” En-01 said as she detected my mood instantly

“I am…only time is troubling me.” I said to her “Let’s go home, En-01”

“Right away, Ms. Julie”

My room was dark but I can tell my dog stood by my side as if she was protecting me. I patted her head to make sure I was alright.

“En-01, this is my dog, her name is Chloe.” I showed my wrist to Chloe

En-01 scanned Chloe body and detected what Chloe is. She gave a brief explanation of what she is. I simply laughed.  I tuned her voice out and thought about San Diego. She’s perfect but time is stopping me. I lay on the couch with the darkness, hearing an odd gargling sound I knew my stomach was hungry, haven’t eaten all day, got to watch myself from that. Perhaps stick a tube…nah I’m going over bored with that thought.

I got off the couch and looked at En-01. The thing about En-01 is she makes my body look real for others not notice I’m fake. With a hologram you need images and lights in every angel to reflect the body but En-01 wasn’t design that way. I can’t go to every city or country designing ever obstacle. It would be a buzz killed and a hassle. The satellite from outer space prevents any damages from En-01 and helps keep my body image well shape. It’s like transporting me with the help of one single satellite.

Yes, I have access to the satellite but it’s not like an attempt of some sort of terrorist attack. Plus, I set up many booby-traps in case someone tries to hack in through my computer system.

Like I said, I don’t know what I’m searching but whatever it is, I hope I find it with a good cause.