On the table in the light of the big lamp with a red shade he spread a piece of parchment rather like a map.

"This was made by Thror, your grandfather, Thorin" he said in answer to the dwarves' excited question. "It is a plan of the Mountain." How did gandalf get a hold of this Willow thought He's a bloody wizard he probably used magic stupid.

"I don't see that this will help us much," Said Thorin disappointedly after a glance. "I remember the Mountian well enough and the lands about it. And I know where Mirkwood is, and the Withered Heath where the great dragons bred."

"There is a dragon marked in red on the Mountain," said Balin,"but it will be easy enough to find him without that, if we arrive there."

"There is one point that you aven't noticed," said the wizard, "and that is the secret entrance. You see that rune on the West side, and the hand pointing to it from the other runes? That marks a hidden passage to the Lower Halls." 

"It may have been secret once," said Thorin, "But how do we know that it is secret any longer? Old Smaug has lived there long enough now to find out anything there is to know about those caves."

"He may-but he can't have used it for years and years."

"Why?"

"Because it is too small.'Five feet high the door and three may walk abreast' say the runes, but Smaug could not creep into the a hole that size, not even when he was a young dragon, certainly not after devouring so many of dwarves and men of Dale."

_It seems a great big hole to me,"squeaked Bilbo, "How could such a large door be kept secret from everybody outside spart from the dragon" he asked. Becuase it's a secret door... Willow thought to herself.

A/N Sorry it's so short I just thought you might like something Chapter 4 might be out later today.