A Vampire's Caress

Chapter I

              Anya sat frozen on the chair, watching the shadow that was her captor stalk across the room. When he crossed the window into a ray of moonlight she saw his face. His features were beautiful, a typical trait of his kind. His hair was long and golden, and he pierced her with his crystal blue eyes. It made her heart skip a beat. "She knew he noticed because he smiled. His kind never missed anything.

            Anya closed her eyes and turned away from him, not wanting to be swayed. She could smell his cologne as he raised a hand to touch her golden tresses. She quickly realized that her willpower was waning. Anya couldn't help herself, and raised her eyes to see his gaze devouring her. She couldn't look away this time. He was still smiling. He knew. He knew she'd do whatever he wanted, that's how his people operated. She was more vulnerable than she thought. He was going to use her then dump her somewhere, her body drained of life. 

            The saddest part was that no one would notice. Her parents were dead, she had no siblings, and no friends. She was just a simple girl working as a teller at a bank. A boring job, a boring apartment, a boring life. She was going to disappear forever. Anya could no longer delay the tears from escaping. Maybe she deserved this. Her existence was pathetic and she was so useless.

           Her captor leaned closer and pulled Anya into his arms. His fangs descended and lightly brushed her skin, sending a shiver through her spine. This is it. She was going to die. She closed her eyes  and subconciously bit her bottom lip. Despair consumed her heart. His fangs pierced deep into her neck. Strangely she felt no pain, only a numbness that spread over the wound. Her captor's eyes widened with disgust as he backed away suddenly, ending the experience nearly as quickly as it began.

           "Ugh! Your blood is disgusting!" He yelled, startling Anya out of her daze. Her hand touched her neck, only to come away crimson. For a moment she just stared at it as her heartbeate quickened, then she fell from the chair. Her kindapper threw a dusty table against the wall and yelled more. "I thought I had finally found a good one. Blood as sweet as the sweetest wine. Your beauty is obviously misleading."

            Anya tried to get up but she could barely move. Instead she started to crawl towards the door. The vampire noticed the movement and laughed. "Do not think you can crawl away from me. I won't drink your blood, but that doesn't mean you'll be leaving me so soon."

          To Anya's horror he grabbed her legs and dragged her across the room. Her clothes collected dust as she was turned over roughly on her back to face the terrible creature. She tried to fight him but her arms were sluggish and she was easly pinned. The vampire laughed maniacally, his fangs glistening in the moonlight as he used one hand to hold both of hers above her head while the other held her chin in a deathgrip so she had no choice but to look at him.

           "Think I'm going to have a bit of fun with you before I kill you." He laughed again and Anya struggled even more. This is it, she thought desparately, this is how i'm going to die.  An emptyness filled her soul. She closed her eyes, prepared to die, when a loud bang startled both she and the vampire. They looked to the now decimated door to see a tall muscular man in a business suit stride casually into the room. His hair was short, black as night, and slightly ruffled, a bit off for the outfit he was wearing. His dark eyes looked the room over before settling on the vampire. His face became one of complete disgust.

            "Victarious, I should have known." his voice was deep and calm. The vampire laughed.

             "Dorian, so lovely of you to join us. We were just about to have a bit of fun." Victarious stood, pulling Anya to her feet as her blood flowed from her wound soaking her blouse. The room was spinning and she could barly keep herself awake. She wasn't sure if she imagined it or not but Dorian's fists seemed to clench and unclench, his face a mask of anger and hatred.

             "You have gone too long without blood Victarious. Your mind has become week and in turn you have become sloppy. Let the woman go and I promise you a swift and painless death." Dorian said through gritted teeth. Victarious only threw his head back and laughed harder.

            "You think you could kill me? You've been drinking that shit your scientists have developed and I'm STILL stronger than you even though I haven't had a drink in nearly a month!!!" Drool fell from his mouth and Anya thought she was going to be sick. "Take your wench then Dorian!!! Her blood was piss anyway!" He shoved Anya forward but before she could fall the stranger caught her and set her gently down. Then with a speed Anya was sure was inhuman he flew at Victarious slamming him against the far wall.

            "You've walked this earth for far too long my old friend." Dorain growled. Victarious gripped Dorian's arm which was keeping him pinned and only smiled.

             "And you are a weakling. You and that human loving clan of yours." Victarious spat in Dorian's face before headbutting him. Dorian was caught off guard which gave Victarious the opening he needed for his escape. . .straight through the window. Glass shattered onto the street below as the vampire ran away into the night still laughing.

             Dorian cursed as he watched his enemy escape and turned to the young woman on the floor. Anya stared dazedly up him and Dorian cursed again. He walked over to her and picked her up as if she weighed nothing. Anya gripped his suit and tried to stay awake but eventually felt herself falling unconcious.

             "Thank you." was all she could whisper before drifting off in her savior's arms. Dorian sighed and shook his head.