Chapter one.

I woke up with a feeling of dread, like I wasn't supposed to be here, like something was wrong with me. I looked around the room I was in, where am I? The clock next to me was beeping like crazy, I switched it off quickly.

The room was dark grey and had very little furniture in it, boxes were piled everywhere and half were open while the rest made trails to a closet and another door. Maybe I had been moving in. My hands found glasses almost automatically before I stood up. My height made me feel awkward, like I was too tall and it didn't feel like me as I was standing and I felt like a new born trying to walk.

Glancing on the floor I could see clothes laid out and a backpack ready. I slipped the clothes on and ran a hand through my hair, it felt shorter than I thought it would be. Then I searched the backpack. I found a registration paper to a school, junior year. The name on the paper said Owen Sarka but it, like everything else, didn't feel right. I sighed in frustration and opened the door to my room. As soon as I did a guy in nothing but boxers walked passed me. I eyed him with interest and my body began to feel strange.

"Who are you?" My voice left my mouth for the first time, it seemed to be the only familiar feeling, and it felt right. The boy spun around and cracked a smile.

"You serious bro?" he smirked, "You ain't going to get me that easily."

"I'm being serious," I said flatly, "Who are you? And who am I?"

He frowned at me, "Youre not going to get me Owen, you can stop now."

My chest ached, "I'm not fucking around! Who am I? Who are you?" I raised my voice a little.

"I'm your brother you idiot, Alex? Ring a bell?" Alex looked a little worried now; I thought about it, it didn't ring a bell. A little girl came bolting from her room making me jump a foot in the air. She sprinted to me and smacked into my legs.

I stared dumbly down at her; she had beautiful curly brown hair. My instincts told me to pick her up and I did, then I turned to my brother, "I'm fine, don't worry about it."

My little sister wrapped her legs around my middle and played with my glasses. I stopped in the kitchen and let her run to the cupboard for breakfast. Alex was close behind and staring at me oddly. We stared at each other for a few seconds, I held my expression carefully.

A few minutes later I went to go get my bag, it was relatively empty excluding two note books and some folders. They looked brand new so my guess was that I was beginning my first day today.

Alex met me at the door and tossed me the keys to a car. We set out and I got a good look at a Maserati, gun smoke grey with red interior. It was beautiful but I carefully tried not to marvel over it for a long time. When I slipped in I was glad to see him pull out directions.

When I started the car something clicked and I got excited, I remembered something and I knew cars were my thing. I backed out and whipped it on a turn before shifting the gear and flooring it in the right direction. Alex clung to the sides and gave a shocked scream. I chuckled with a wide smile and made a sharp turn.

I saw the school in the distance and the road was completely empty, I sped up and went straight into the school parking lot before making a quick turn into a parking space.

Alex was sitting like he was about to fall out of a plane and looked up at me sharply, "What the hell is wrong with you? What the fuck was that?!" I shrugged and popped out of the car. Kids had their heads turned towards our spot and a few walked closer to look at the car. My brother popped out a second later white as a sheet of paper and he ran a shaky hand through his hair.

Girls flocked to him and I walked towards the doors of the school. A lot of groups stared at me for a few seconds and turned to my brother. It didn't seem to bother me, though I got a feeling of annoyance. One guy didn't follow their friends and kept his eyes on me, and I got a sense of deja vu. I nodded at him and kept walking to the doors.