The Boy Behind The Bleachers

Ugh! How did I get pulled into this class? Why does it matter if I passed every other science class I've ever had with an A+. Anatomy is physically impossible for me to comprehend. Ring bell! Ring!

Riiiiiing

Thank you! I jumped up and booked it out of the classroom. I wonder if I would be able to drop that class?

I noticed Jake and Jenna arguing as I walked to my locker. I'm sure I'll hear about it later considering Jake complains all day, everyday about her and Andy, my best friend, hates it. I've always had a soft spot for Jake though so I don't really mind listening. He's just so cute and he's a really good guy. Way to good for the bitch he's with now.

"Cassie?"

I looked over at Matt and smiled. "Hey."

Matt and I had been friends since freshman year. He had a thing for me, but I just wasn't interested. He asked me out once and it was the most awkward thing ever. I didn't want to say no, but I just couldn't say yes. It was bad. I eventually told him we just had to stay friends and that's it. He was a little upset at first, but he got over it.

"I have a problem."

I held my breath. He's realized he can't move on hasn't he? "What is it?"

"My parents told me we have to move."

I almost dropped my stuff. "What?!"

"That's what I said." He mumbled.

"Matt you can't move! Find a way to stay."

"I can't! I tried to convince them to let me live with my grandparents but they won't. Steven said I could stay with him, but they won't go for that either. I'm screwed."

I shook my head. Matt can't move. He's my hilarious, little, awkward friend. "I'll kidnap you. I'll tie you up and hide you in my closet."

He smirked. "What exactly would you do with me after?"

"Matt." I growled.

"Sorry."

I pulled him to me and hugged him in the middle of the hallway. "You can't move. You're essential here. You're the best basketball player we have. You could take us to state this year. And who would I copy my math homework from? You're the only reason I'm passing!"

"Cassie, chill. You can survive without me, I promise. It's good to know you will me miss me so much though."

"Matt, don't go." I whined.

"I don't have a choice Cassie. I'm sorry."

"Ugh!" This day just went from somewhat ok, to the absolutely terrible.

I stomped away from him. I wasn't mad, just upset. I don't know exactly where I was going, I just needed to get away and try to accept the fact that Matt won't be here in a couple of weeks. The only place I could think of was the track.

When I got there I realized someone could easily look out the window and see me here. Damn it, if I get caught for skipping I'm screwed. I ran behind the bleachers and slid down on the ground. Today sucks.

"Skipping?" Someone asked.

I looked up quickly. I knew I would get caught, but Jake was not who I was expecting to get caught by. "What are you doing here?"

"What a nice greeting." He said, sitting down next to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Hi. What are you doing here."

"Jenna cheated." He said.

I snorted. "I've known that for months. You can think your sister for that."