[Chapter One] Addie

"She'd cried over a broken heart before.
                         She knew what that felt like,
                                       and it didn't feel like this.
              Her heart felt not so much broken as just ... empty.
                It felt like she was an outline empty in the middle.
             The outline cried senselessly for the absent middle.
                The past cried for the present that was nothing."

                        ― Ann Brashares, Sisterhood Everlasting

Chapter One – Addie's Pov

When I got home, to my real home; life was awkward.

My family knew about what happened to me and Liam's parents probably hated me for what I had done to him. We had dinners together but I didn't go. I would eat in my room and watch them out the window because I was too much of a coward to face him.

I would see him look up at me and then away. It was two days to Christmas and I was starting classes right after the New Year. The case was still being investigated and it wasn't set to go to trial for at least three months and I was going to try to live it as normal as I could before I had to go through it all again.

I had pressed charges against my parents, Than, Jason and Lucas. It was a lot to take in, my verses five people. I don't know how his dad's handling the news but I'm afraid to go against him, His dad was amazing at what he did and I'm afraid he will get him off.

Now that we're home we needed to find me a lawyer but we were going to wait until after the holidays.

I asked them not to tell anyone about it so I don't think Liam or is family even know about this and I would like to keep it that way. I don't need the added element of other people knowing until it happens. I want them to treat me like as close to normal.

Unless we can manage to keep this case quiet I'm only taking one quarter of school but I just filed charges against two well-known lawyers, a popular lawyers son who's also now a lawyer and two men just starting their careers, the odds weren't really in my favor here.

I sat looking out my window, it was cold here now and it was so different from the last time I was here. When I was here in the summer it was heat, life, beauty and sunshine and now it's just dark, cold, gloomy and lifeless.

I put my boots on and grabbed a sweat shirt to head outside, when I walked past the table where they were eating everyone stopped talking and I could feel their eyes on me as I went to see my big baby who was happy I was home, Keisha was trailing by my side.

That dog hadn't left me for more than five minutes since I got back much to Connelly's distaste. I walked over to him and he neighed before trotting over to me

"Hi baby." I pet him and kissed his nose. I walked over and he came and lay down on one side and Keisha was on my other, both of them wanting to be petted; I loved them.

I hadn't talked to anyone but my babies since I got home, not because I couldn't obviously but because I just had nothing to say. Even Kalila and Asher were keeping their distance from me and I guess I deserved that.

Auntie and the police were the only one who knew about the baby and i put my head on my knees and cried which caused them both to whine and try to figure out what was wrong.

DNA was being ran but until then I couldn't even tell you whose baby it was.

I was so set on the decision I would terminate if I got pregnant but now that it happened it was killing me inside. I gave Connelly a kiss on the nose and Keisha followed me back into the house, they all were quiet again when I passed wiping the tears away.

I went to my room and just laid in my bed because I just didn't know what else to do anymore. I was completely empty inside and in a way I wish he just had killed me and put an end to it.

They were right all along, no one could love me.

Liam was patient and now he knew that I was a whore and he can't love me and then I was angry.

What right does he have to be angry at me! I didn't do anything wrong. Sure, I didn't tell him everything but I didn't mean to lie to him. I know I shouldn't have left but I was scared and I didn't see any other choice at the time.

I gripped onto Keisha and cried so much my chest hurt. I guess that's why they call it heartbroken though technically you don't hold those feelings in your chest, because when you feel like this your heart literally feels like it's breaking.

There's this ach in my chest and it doesn't feel like it's ever going to go away. I laid with Keisha exhausted and hoped that with him here the nightmares wouldn't come again.

My night with Liam, of feeling safe, those are all over now.