Chapter 2: The train

We board the train and leave straight away. Its a short train journey so I decide to use my time to meet my escort Clio Lysander and the male tribute Clause Dike but before I go into the main train car Styx stops me. “Hey, be friendly if you can, you need to make some quick acquaintances right now if you want to win these games.” He said sternly.
“I know, I know.” I grumble, I now realise that my brother is actually trying to help me and I decide that I’ll accept it, I hope I’m making the right choice.. “Hey!” I say before he walks away, he turns around. “Thank you” I mumble to him.
“Let’s bring you home from this thing Terra.” He says kindly and gives me a hug. I walk into the main train car.
I walk in and silence settles across the room. The staff realise who it is and return to their work but Clause and Clio Lysander are still staring at me. I decide to talk to Clio first. I walk over to him staring at his orange skin and bright green hair, capitol definitely. “Like what you see Terra Ally.” Clio says to me, wiggling an eyebrow.
“I’m sorry what?” I question
“I’m joking! How you doing? I’m Clio, nice to meet you.” He laughs, holding out a hand.
“Oh thank God I thought you were being serious.” I laugh. Being this nice to people is really testing my patience. I take his hand, wincing at the orange colour.
“All in good time love.” He laughs happily. “But at some point we must get down to business, I think that time is now. I’ll be looking forward to working with you Terra but right now I have planning to do and a schedule to keep so I really must talk to you later. Best of luck with Clause by the way, he’s a bit uh-bouncy.” He said quietly and promptly walks out the car and into his room. That just leaves Clause but what did Clio mean by bouncy? I’ll soon find out.
I walk over to Clause and sit next to him. “Hi, Clause right? I'm Terra.” I say with all the friendliness I can muster.
“Yeah, I’m Clause. I was looking for you so I could say hi but I couldn’t find you.” He said quickly. A bright smile on his face. I already know that I hate him and I’m just about to leave when I remember what Styx said.
Stay with Clause.
“So, have you been doing any training for the games? We are a career district after all.” I asked.
“No I don’t really fight all that much. I don’t expect to live that long really.” He sighed softly.
“Stick with me and you’ll be fine.” I say professionally.
“Thanks, I’ll make sure to.” He says happily.
I think of what my brother would say to me in this situation.
Now that is how you make an alliance.
12 p.m
I wake when I’m jolted out if bed, I hear a crash outside and see a shadowed figure running from the train, he hasn’t been injured while getting off because the train has stopped, but why? I get up and open my room door to go and see what’s happening but a peacekeeper stops me from leaving.
“Let me past!” I shout at him
“We can’t let you leave in case you try what Clause did. There’s a squad you going after him now.” He said  “Go back to your room.”
“Well what did Clause do?” I asked stubbornly.
“Nothing you need to concern yourself with.” he asks.
“Clause is one of my friends, please don’t hurt him..” I say as innocently as possible. It’s not that I care about Clause it’s just the fact that I don’t want an ally who’s injured before the games even start!
“We aren’t going to hurt him. He has to be in full health before the games start. Capitol rules. Now go back to bed and stop bothering me.” He says in a stern voice and slams the door in my face.
I kick the door a few times and get a few shut ups from the peacekeeper when I realise I’m not getting out until morning. I try the window but it only opens very slightly and then stops. I decide to wait till morning to question Clause.
The next morning
I wake up with a start in the morning and go to find Clause sitting in the main train car with two peacekeepers guarding him. I sit down next to him. “Can we speak privately?” I ask the peacekeepers. They exchanged a few glances. They walked to either ends of the car but still keep an eye on Clause.
“What were you thinking, trying to run from the train like that?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“ I don’t want to go into the arena Terra, I can’t let my family watch me die in there!” he says as he starts crying with great gulping sobs.
“I know Clause but you can’t act like this in front of the cameras. Other tributes will see and take you as an easy target, then you have no chance of winning.” I say to him. Even though this has more benefit to me, I have to toughen him up before the arena or I’m dead.
“I know but I don’t think I can do it!” he cries.
“You have to!” I shout at him. He stands up and dashes to his room. The peacekeepers follow after as the train enters the station.