Preface

Preface

     I couldn't remember what I did wrong? I blinked a couple of times when I glanced around the tiny room that had no windows but just a table in the middle. It felt like the light's in the room were in full blast, I kept wiping my eyes, it was watery from all the brightness, either that or my nerves were getting to me. My heart started to beat faster as I realized where I was... just like that my whole world turned upside down.

     I swallowed hard as I looked up at the lady. She didn't appear to be a cop though or one of those detectives you see on TV, she didn't even look threatening. She looked like one of those old ladies you see on those syrup bottles, what was that brand called again? 

     She wasn't the one that was working up my nerves, it was the realzation that I ended up here, it was actually happening.

  "So Lionel Daniels, 16 years old, straight A student, president of the library club, you have no criminal record, clean slate, never even had a detection slip... Well until recently anways... Seems out of character of you Mr. Daniels.  What would a good kid like you be doing in an FBI investigating room?" The old lady asked me as she got up, walking around the room, still not making eye contact. She was still looking at my file or I assumed it was my file. 

     She's right, what am I doing here? I stayed silent as I tried to recall what I did today, but it was all a blur, everything was a blur. All that kept popping into my head was Cecil. I hated that he was all I was thinking about right now, for all we know he's probably the reason why I'm in here.

     The lady sliently took the seat infront of me and set down a folder flat on the table. Her index finger started to tap on the folder that I know has my records. I gulped down the lump that was stuck in my throat.

  "So Lionel can you please tell me why you're here?" Her eyes locked into mine.

     I started to twittle with my tumbs as I kept my eyes on her, nothing came to mind. All I thought was Cecil, that's all that came in my head. I opened my mouth and spoke trying not to crack, "I don't know?"

     Her eyes scanned my face to find any answers written on my face. Answers I needed to know. "Well you're in a surpirse." She swiftly opened the folder that was on the table. My eyes widen as I saw the papers and the photos... this was a nightmare.

     She displayed the photo's in front of me, I avioded looking at them, as if I were to look at them the memories would come flooding back, now I don't want to remember.

   "Lionel you don't strike me as a murderer, no, not by the look of your eyes." She kept staring at me, as I still tried to aviod looking at the photo's, "Your eyes look like a frighten animal".

     My eyes started to tear up, I didn't have to look at the photo's to see what the picture was, I knew.

  "In fact," She continued while handing me a tissue, "for all we know you probably weren't even a part of the murdering, maybe you were just happened to be there, all merely a considence, a witness to it all, had absoutly nothing to do with it." By the tone in her voice I can tell what she was hinting at. She wanted me to rat out Cecil.

     I swallowed hard again, weird, the lump in my throat wouldn't go away and as the silence in the room remained and minutes passed by the lump felt like it was only getting bigger. I opened my mouth to try to answer but words couldn't come out, as if I had some loyalty to Cecil,  but why? Why should I feel bad for ratting him out? She was right, I was just a witness, merely a considence that I happened to be there, I had absoultely nothing to do with it, he's the murderer. He's been using me since the moment we meet.

     Yet, I still couldn't convine myself to rat him out. Maybe... Possibly the guilt was overcoming me. What's worse, murdering someone or watching someone murder someone and do absoutly nothing about it?